Question 0xc000007b Error

laptopedlaptop

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Okay, so I have been having a "0xc000007b" error for a while now. Ever since my laptop force updated to 8.1 (yes my laptop is a bit older and I haven't opted to update to Windows 10). I tried refreshing and undoing the Windows 8.1 update but that seemed to not change the 0xc000007b error.

I've tried reinstalling programs that gave me the 0xc000007b error. I've tried running programs that gave me the 0xc000007b error as administrator. I reinstalled .NET Framework. I reinstalled the xinput1_3.dll. I updated/reinstalled DirectX. I reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++. I've ran in command prompt as administrator "chkdsk c: /f /r".

I've tried loading in safe mode...

I haven't tried making a new profile just yet...

To provide additional details. I before the Windows 8.1 update ran CCleaner which it apparently very mucked up my registry... its my first experience of a registry cleaner really mucking something up and I didn't have a backup or restore point.

Then out of the blue my laptop started to claim that Windows wasn't registered... But that issue seems to have been mostly resolved as I was able to update and such.

So... the laptop works well enough but it would be very nice to resolve this error matter. Any help would be very welcome.

If you think getting a recovery disc is an option... Its an HP... I contacted HP and they said that they cannot and will not send me a recovery disc because the laptop is too old for them. (despite the fact that I got a recovery disc for a very similar model like two years ago...) So... they said I can go out and just buy a copy of Windows. Which I pointed out that isn't exactly an ideal option but they said its all they can offer me unless I can find a recovery disc on ebay.