0xc000021a error after power outage

SoLo123

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
Last night I was in the middle of playing a game, when the power tripped out. The power came back in a split second and I gave the computer a few seconds before turning it back on. The BSOD came up and rebooted, then it ran an automatic repair which took about an hour. The repair finished but it solved nothing and I got the same error.

I looked online for solutions, most of them saying it's a hard drive issue. I ran chkdsk and similar commands and there seems to be no problems with my hard drive, only the OS it seems. I really don't want to do another clean install and would appreciate any assistance. Also, my PC is a custom build running 8.1.

SoLo123

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
I tried to boot in safe mode, same error. I tried the sfc /scannow, it says it couldn't start the repair service. Then I tried the dism.exe method, came up with error 2 "unable to access image". I've already tried refreshing the OS with and without the installation disc, both times it came back with "the drive where Windiws is installed is locked"
EDIT
Also, wouldn't choosing the reset PC option be the same thing as reinstalling the OS?

TRENDING THREADS