0xc000021a error Windows 10

Sep 1, 2018
I have encountered this 0xc000021a error and Windows will no longer boot. I have tried a number fixes without success. I have created a USB with Ubuntu and another USB with Microsoft Windows 10 disk image ISO file.

I have backed up my files and folders onto a separate external hard drive using Ubuntu. But I really don't want to have to reinstall the programs and software again.

Is there any point in creating a disk image using Ubuntu, wiping the drive, reinstalling Windows 10 and then restoring the disk image? Will that just bring the old problems into the new, clean Windows?

Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
I'm personally not a fan of cloning images of the existing OS/installation. It's bolstered when you're trying to figure out why you got a BSOD in the first place. It's often like trying to find hay in a needle stack.

Are you dealing with a desktop or a laptop. If a desktop, please state the specs like so:
CPU:
MS:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If a laptop, pass on the make and model/SKU for your unit.

I asked for the OS since you posted in the Windows 7 section yet mention Windows 10. Mistakes can happen when posting but we'd like to help you with all details considered.

Sep 1, 2018

Sorry, it is Windows 10.
CPU: AMD 8 CORE FX-8350
MS: ?
Ram: 16GB
SSD/HDD: 1TB SSD
GPU:?
PSU:?
Chassis:?

What is the issue with doing what I proposed above? Thank you for helping, I am not particularly good with computers!