1.13Ghz Tualatin FASTER THAN 1.13 Athlon!!!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
latest benchmark say that Clock for clock a tualatin is faster than a equally clocked 1.13Ghz Athlon.

<A HREF="http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/pc/docs/article/20010709/hotrev117.htm" target="_new">http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/pc/docs/article/20010709/hotrev117.htm</A>

you might need a web traslator:
<A HREF="http://babelfish.altavista.com/" target="_new">http://babelfish.altavista.com/</A>

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Appears that it was not faster in all things, they are pretty much even keel there.

Couldn't read if they used DDR ram or not for the T-Bird. How would the Polimino compare?

How about the 1.4 T-Bird against the 1.4 P4? The T-Bird smoked the P4.

Is the 1.13 P3 cheaper then the 1.4 T-Bird or the 1.4 P4. Also looks like the 1.13 P3 beats the 1.4 P4. What in the hell is Intel doing???

FatBurger

Illustrious
Nice try, but it doesn't say anything about the hardware being used.
Sure a P3 + GeForce 3 would beat a Tbird + Rage 128 in 3Dmark

Anyway, isn't it the P4 that's supposed to rock the house?

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Such a shame that the PIII won't be used. Say bye to the Tualitin. They're keeping the Celeron and P4....

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

G

I beleive the topic of the post is "tualatin faster than athlon"

Not "why is the tualatin faster than the p4"

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
okay - you lost me there? When did he compare the P4.

I think the gist of his post is the reported intentions of Intel not to release Tualatin as a desktop processor. Still waiting to see if this is true or not.

I think that is quite relevent in a Athlon v.s. Tualatin thread since one of those processors exists and you can buy it mainstream. The other is currently doing engineering rounds and expensive cameos in Tokyo.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

G

Hahaha! This means the 1.13GHz Tualatin is faster than the 1.3GHz P4!

~ The First Formally Rehabilitated AMD Lemming ~

FatBurger

Illustrious
noko compared them, that's who he was talking to.

And he's right, the Tualatin is kicking the P4s butt :)

Intel can't even predict which of their own chips is going to be better. Shows how smart they are.

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
oh - right - thanks for the clarification. I'd mistakenly assumed he might respond to the post he was talking about rather than some other person's post on the bottom of the list!

AMD_cErTiFiEd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Well maybe it is in some apps... But people gotta realize something that the tbird is 1 year old and the Tualatin isn't even released yet.
Almost like comparing apples to oranges, and 1 year for CPU's is almost a half decade in the big picture compared to other products
Would you ever put a Porsche 911 turbo from 95 against one from today.... no you wont. So lets just wait and see what happens and ignore the tbird and intel benchmarks until the A4 is in mainstream

Hades

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
If the Tualatin is not going to be released as a desktop system, why does ASUS already have a board for it? Maybe this is an indication of the possibility of desktop release.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I have no idea - I'm just passing on the news.

The inquirer reported that Tualation was not going to be released as a desktop cpu - server and mobile only. As you say, this is not consistent with the motherboard manufacturers, but then who knows? Intel seem to be keeping quiet so far.