[SOLVED] 1-2 hour boot time

Jan 26, 2019
Please help, I have just pulled a Dell motherboard and i7 processor from a Dell Precision T1500 and built into a new case with a fresh install of windows 10 on a 128gb SSD with 16gb DDR3 memory & 2x additional HDD's for extra storage.

Everything was working fine until I activated SMB1 to connect a Dlink 320L NAS drive, I rebooted the PC to find a very long boot time (1-2 hours). Safe mode and recovery media showed the same boot time issues too. As this was a fresh install I reinstalled Windows again and this time created a restore point.

So I tried activating SMB1 again as I wanted to use my network drive but the issue happened again. I tried to go back to the restore point I had set, waited all day for it to complete but no improvements so I decided to reinstall Windows again and give up on SMB1, but the issue reappeared again. I found one of my hard drives was getting vey hot, I unplugged it and as if by magic my PC started working again (for a while).

Tonight I plugged in an HDMI cable and rebooted the PC but it's now happened again, I don't know what could be wrong, I really don't know where to look. Could this be drivers, Windows, incompatible/faulty hardware? I would really appreciate some guidance as i'm at a dead end.