1.3 and 1.33 why?

G

Its aparant that AMD's new processor releases will be 1.3 and 1.33mhz. The question is what justifies or nisesitates the release of two processors with speeds so close? Is one a "B" and the other "C" version, or is one the Palamino and the other not?

Anim88tor

I also don't care to hear who sucks. Myself and others, I am sure, dont give a rats ass.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Um who cares!!! mr know it all, you should know since you have a semiconductor degree and a business degree.

SPUD

Ignorance is Bliss

G

From what I've read, the 1.3 will be a 'B' (100 MHz FSB) and the 1.33 will be a 'C' (133 MHz FSB). This implies that the 1.3 will use a multiplier of 13 and the 1.33 will use a multiplier of 10.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Oh my mr know it all didnt know man better not let fugger or amdmeltdown get wind of this lmao

SPUD

Sometimes the smartest people are the stupidest

G

Thank You for your enlightening responce. I am honored that you took your fingers out of your butt long enough to type a reply.Keep up the good work, I am sure you make your parents proud.
Anim88tor

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Oh anytime big guy but what the heck does having my fingers up my butt have anything to do with anything no offence (i really mean this) but no wonder fugger and amdmeltdown dont like you your just insulting im sarcastic big different see you in first grade buddy

SPUD

The smarter they are the dumber they look

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Spud on 03/09/01 00:41 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Spud go back and read your other post. Did you write that? Or does someone else use your computer? That wasn't the most enlightening post.

I'm starting to get sick of people who post mindless crap and I think others are too. It wouldn't be that bad, but it's a pain to read through a thread when 2/3 of the posts are just random thoughts, urges, and sarcasm :)

You might have been sarcastic, but on a message board, sarcasm can easily be interpretted as being retarded.

"I think I brained my damage"

yoda271828

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
OMG, wusy is right! I didn't realize hell froze over? There is no 13x multiplier on the Athlon. Although 12.5x is the highest, not 12x. I haven't heard that a 1.3Ghz 'B'(100Mhz) Athlon was even being produced. I think the only one being made is the 'C' (133mhz) version and people just use 1.3Ghz and 1.33Ghz interchangeably in reference to the same chip.

G

Athlon based mobo can only go up to 12X!
No, Iwill has released an updated BIOS for their KK266 board which has multipliers up to 15! I guess other manufacturers will follow.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It's people like you who screw up this messageboard and continually push away people from it. Flaming randomly for no reason is a sign of inferiority, of immaturity. If you're going to be like this, please leave until you can grow up.

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone would ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Geeze you people get bent out of shape so quickly. You remind my of the school yard bully that picked on everyone never liked anyone to talk or have an opinion or take a different opinion next to his. You should look in the mirror before you rag on me. :(

SPUD

I saw the future it gave me a big intel hug :)

Seems you need one too mr attitude lmao :O