Question 1-3840×1080 or 3-1920x1080

bellbell098

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
1x Samsung CHG90 + 21,24,or27
3x Asus VG279Q

Ive been looking at monitors all week and keep flopping between this or that. After alot of thinking and research. I think I'm down to it being between the Samsung with a 2nd monitor. Or 3 of the Asus.

I'm primarily gaming and would like to use Gsync. Budget is $1000

Both monitors have their pluses and drawbacks. And unfortunately neither are available to view locally. And what I really want I cant afford.

I hate buying things like this online without seeing them first. So anything to help me decide and ease my worries would be awesome. .

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is this multi-display config for gaming or day trading? If gaming, what games (or types of games) are you playing?

The GTX 1080 is certainly capable of driving multiple displays. Just keep in mind that managing more pixels puts a heavier processing load on the GPU. Both configs listed are the same number of pixels, so they should perform similarly (pixel manipulation-wise).

bellbell098

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
Is this multi-display config for gaming or day trading? If gaming, what games (or types of games) are you playing?

The GTX 1080 is certainly capable of driving multiple displays. Just keep in mind that managing more pixels puts a heavier processing load on the GPU. Both configs listed are the same number of pixels, so they should perform similarly (pixel manipulation-wise).

I'm currently using them in nvidia surround with 24s.
Using the Samsung would reduce my in game pixel count by 30% I had hoped, therefore allowing me to get closer to the 144hz. But I have had 3 screens for 6 years, not sure how I will like the transition.

I play AAA titles like assasins creed, mass effect, sea of thieves, and VR. Currently I get 40-90 FPS at a 5960x1080.(bezel correct)

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I work with a guy who just bought a similar screen to the Samsung ultra-wide you mentioned earlier. While he loves the image, I don't think he was prepared for the sheer size of the display. If it was me, I would go with 3 identical displays (using Displayport). You get the screen real estate and the ability to move the displays around for optimal viewing.