[SOLVED] 1,3V memory that supossed to be at 1,5V

Feb 27, 2020
Hello all,
I've recently bougth 2 memory modules (8GB each one): Kingston KVR16N11/8
It's supposed to run at 1,5 V. (specs.: https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR16N11_8.pdf)
I have a this PC: Desktop HP ENVY Phoenix 810-400ns that have already 2 memory modules (8GB running at 1,5V)

After install the new modules and run Sisoft Sandra, it says that modules run at 1,35V.
I've read that the voltage difference can produce performance problems in the future even motherboard crash... Any tips about this?
Thanks.

Solution
1.5V is the max jedec spec, meaning all ram is required to be able to run at 1.5V. But realistically, they often run at 1.35 or 1.2V on xmp for ddr4. Unless you experience crashes, stuttering, or memory related bsods, there is no reason to increase voltage. Increasing voltage when you dont need to generates more heat and can cause more issues.
1.5V is the max jedec spec, meaning all ram is required to be able to run at 1.5V. But realistically, they often run at 1.35 or 1.2V on xmp for ddr4. Unless you experience crashes, stuttering, or memory related bsods, there is no reason to increase voltage. Increasing voltage when you dont need to generates more heat and can cause more issues.

Solution