$1.5 Million Worth of iPad Mini Units Stolen From JFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Ouch, that's bad news for the airport security staff.
I don't want to say compliment the criminals... but they pulled off an impressive job.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]C00lIT[/nom]Ouch, that's bad news for the airport security staff.I don't want to say compliment the criminals... but they pulled off an impressive job.[/citation]
... they were bandits disguised as security guards... [ta-ta-tāāāāāāā!!!]

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
[citation][nom]Zingam_Duo[/nom]So JFK is not shot dead but alive and stealing iPad Minis! Damn!!! Good job, CIA!!!![/citation] That was so bad/lame my brain stopped working for 30 seconds.

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
Airport is not a secured area, contrary to common belief, especially cargo area. Still, something like this at JFK must have been an inside job. Not sure who will lead the investigation, NYPD, FBI, or someone else, but hope they are at least as competent as South African police. I was once robbed of half-million-dollar worth computer hardware at Johannesburg airport, and a week later a suspect was caught. Unfortunately, his arrest couldn't lead to the recovery of any goods because he was sure his family would be killed if he helped the police. But I think the police did what they could under given circumstances.

and people think that we are safe from terrorist attacks? Airport security (well... most security) is mostly for show. If someone with intelligence wants something, they will find a way to get it.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]and people think that we are safe from terrorist attacks? Airport security (well... most security) is mostly for show. If someone with intelligence wants something, they will find a way to get it.[/citation]

"Terrorist" are so overhyped....
If the US's power projection wasn't so obvious and aggressive, there wouldn't be that many "terrorist"
You get more (drugs or others) smugglers going through airports than "terrorist".

As far as I'm concerned, "terrorist" is just an excuse for Big Brother to impose fascism.
A good example would be London with all those CCTVs around.....one in ever corner.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]lostmyclan[/nom]i belive that ipad mine cost for apple 850k and the other value is the gain 650k of margin =) sorry[/citation]

Insurance covers it. As far as Apple goes 3,600 iPad minis where just sold :)
Can't wait until they come out with a 12" version; the MaxiPad. Perfect for heavier workloads.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]arnoldlouie[/nom]Don't worry they'll return it..thinking it was an ipad rip off[/citation]

They have GPS in 'em. Couldn't they be traced the moment they get turned on ?

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]"Terrorist" are so overhyped....If the US's power projection wasn't so obvious and aggressive, there wouldn't be that many "terrorist" You get more (drugs or others) smugglers going through airports than "terrorist".As far as I'm concerned, "terrorist" is just an excuse for Big Brother to impose fascism.A good example would be London with all those CCTVs around.....one in ever corner.[/citation]

I disagree with the whole "security is over rated" concept. Althou, Yes.. Lots of smuggling drugs etc and terrorism on the whole is probably highly overrated. With that being said.. Security is actually very good in our country and we should be thankful for it. One prime example is look what happens when no rules apply and there is no security. Hurricane Katrina? What happened.. Looting, Murder, Rape, things went CRAZY! Same thing with hurricane Sandy, Soon as there was less presence of order. Instantly people are stealing crap, etc etc. Only takes a moment of opportunity for people to show their true colors.

As much as i may dislike authority figures. They are necessary and keep a balance. Without them it would be chaos.

arnoldlouie

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I guess this is added to their sales record instant 3,600 added sales. You heard that google and amazon? Next thing we see a whole cargo ship of samsung tablets stolen..whahaha.. This tablet sales fight is getting dirty...

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I smirked at this at first, but a second or two later I realized that insurance will cover this loss so is Apple really affected. If anything, insurance rates for others might increase so the insurance companies can recoup the loss.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Zak Islam must be heartbroken right now :(

Then again, it gave him another reason to post an article on Apple.... Hmmmm... could you be the mastermind behind this heist?? O_O

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]That was so bad/lame my brain stopped working for 30 seconds.[/citation]
That's because you are dumb American, that's why! :D

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Due to "opportunity purchasing" we have excellent inventory of iPad Minis that we're offering at a special pre-Black Friday price of $289. Get 'em while they're hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.