1.5K$ upgrade and still not satisfying performance?

harry.the0fficial

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
So i decided a few months ago to upgrade my gaming rig,here is the list from what changed
GPU:MSI GTX 1060 6GB-MSI GTX 1060 6GB
CPU:i5-4440 3.2Ghz-i7-8700K 3.7Ghz (Hydro colling:corsair h80i v2)
Motherboard:Asus B86M-G -MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS
RAM:16gb unknown frequency ddr3 - 16gb DDR4 trident z rgb
PSU:Coolermaster Masterwatt 750W
case:AZZA RGB GAMING THOR
when i stream at 720p 60fps,my performance is,WORSE than before,okay not exactly worse but if i knew it would be like this i wouldnt even upgrade my cpu,what i am trying to explain is,lets say i am playing PUBG (120-200fps fairly smooth and playable) settings are all very low except AA at high and Effects at ULTRA.When i stream the following programms are running:Steam,game,streamlabs obs,streamlabels,bitdefender,corsair LINK and CAM for system temperature monitoring,sometimes,i stream pretty nicely and with 0 problems,other times my computer is litteraly DYING! i alt tab my game is crashing its like there are no frames in the system,so laggy and spiky,the game also runs at 50-80 fps,which makes it unplayable for my requirements,but why is this? what is making such a impact in my system? can you help increase performance by overclocking,or modifying settings? i dont know... :(

Solution
You could try and disable the windows cache system since you have 16gb of ram.
That way, you will limit hard disk access which could in theory slow you down.

I would also download tha latest GPU drivers from nvidia, download DDU and uninstall your drivers - follow on screen instructions - then install the drivers.

Acidtest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Have you looked at Task Manager to see what's going on with CPU and disk usage / performance? In the Process tab sort by CPU % and see if anything is taking a big chunk. On the Performance tab check OS drive usage. Compare when your PC is slammed vs other times.

harry.the0fficial

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

I installed windows through microsoft website,then found a key online,SSD A400 kingston

harry.the0fficial

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

Nothing huge really,only streamlabs obs which i was informed i was adding way too many animated overlays so it was getting laggy,but nothing really either way

You could try and disable the windows cache system since you have 16gb of ram.
That way, you will limit hard disk access which could in theory slow you down.

I would also download tha latest GPU drivers from nvidia, download DDU and uninstall your drivers - follow on screen instructions - then install the drivers.

Solution