N3wb13g

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
Gonna do change for GPU thermal pads.
The factory used 1.75mm thickness but there's none on the local market.

Should I use the 1.5mm or go with the 2.0mm?

4745454b

Titan
1.75. If none local, can you order?

1.5mm won't be tall enough so it won't make contact. This will cause overheating. 2.0 might work, but they will be too tall and you'll have issues getting the heatsink on tight enough. Thickness is also only a part of the issue. You need to worry about their heat transfer rates as well. Not all pads can carry the same amount of heat well.

N3wb13g

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
1.75. If none local, can you order?

1.5mm won't be tall enough so it won't make contact. This will cause overheating. 2.0 might work, but they will be too tall and you'll have issues getting the heatsink on tight enough. Thickness is also only a part of the issue. You need to worry about their heat transfer rates as well. Not all pads can carry the same amount of heat well.

Unfortunately I can't.
I'm in consideration for using Cooler Master thermal pads which claimed to have 13.3 (W/m.K) thermal conductivity.
There are some other brands here but most of them didn't provide their own thermal conductivity data.

Were the factory pads soft, medium, or firm hardness?
Changing pads on a gpu can be a crapshoot if someone hasn't already done it with a particular brand or model.

I mailed the brand but, they just provide the thickness and not any info about the hardness.
But, the thermal pads I want to buy, claimed 30~60 Sc on its hardness. Don't know whether it's soft or hard.