1.6v Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Yeah I am more than aware and as I stated " the 'damaging' voltage is VCCIO/VCCSA". Kits like the G.SKILL Ares have DRAM Voltage of 1.50v but require a VCCIO/VCCSA of 1.25v which does the real harm. Degrading a SB, SB-E, or IB is simple - exceed VCCIO/VCCSA of 1.35v and/or a vCore of 1.55v and you'll do it.

Neither 1.60v or 1.65v kits concern me since there's ZIP evidence that the DRAM Voltage does the 'dirty work' instead it's the CPU's IMC & CPU Voltage that damages the CPU which is Proven -- DRAM is more myth than factual.

Do I prefer low voltage -- sure -- I use DDR3L (1.35v) RAM, but I OC my CPU to 4.8GHz (I won't exceed 1.44v vCore) -- which do you think does the damage???

The newer IB kits are ALL 1.60v and higher, 9/10...

liebejr

Honorable
May 4, 2012

I was reading that it could void my CPU warranty, and possibly shorten its life. Do I need to worry at all?

Yeah I am more than aware and as I stated " the 'damaging' voltage is VCCIO/VCCSA". Kits like the G.SKILL Ares have DRAM Voltage of 1.50v but require a VCCIO/VCCSA of 1.25v which does the real harm. Degrading a SB, SB-E, or IB is simple - exceed VCCIO/VCCSA of 1.35v and/or a vCore of 1.55v and you'll do it.

Neither 1.60v or 1.65v kits concern me since there's ZIP evidence that the DRAM Voltage does the 'dirty work' instead it's the CPU's IMC & CPU Voltage that damages the CPU which is Proven -- DRAM is more myth than factual.

Do I prefer low voltage -- sure -- I use DDR3L (1.35v) RAM, but I OC my CPU to 4.8GHz (I won't exceed 1.44v vCore) -- which do you think does the damage???

The newer IB kits are ALL 1.60v and higher, 9/10 your QVL has 1.60v kits listed, and try finding an e.g. >DDR3-2400 with 1.50v.

Solution

liebejr

Honorable
May 4, 2012

Thanks for the clarification! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS