[SOLVED] 1 argb header for 9 argb fans

Solution
So I am planning to go ARGB and will be getting the asus rog strix b450E.
It only has 1 argb header.
My case will be something like tecware vxr where it can hold 9 fans
Can 1 argb header hold 9 argb fans? will the lighting be a little less brighter?
The fans will be http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/202/name/DF-12025-ARGB-TRIO-SNOW
Fan headers on the ROG strix b450e consist of 3 addressable CHA_FAN fan headers beside the ones for CPU_OPT and CPU_FAN
Either of the other 3 CHA_FAN headers can take up to two fans using a Y cable connector.
There are 2x RGB headers for AURO RGB strips and one ADD_Header.
So I am planning to go ARGB and will be getting the asus rog strix b450E.
It only has 1 argb header.
My case will be something like tecware vxr where it can hold 9 fans
Can 1 argb header hold 9 argb fans? will the lighting be a little less brighter?
The fans will be http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/202/name/DF-12025-ARGB-TRIO-SNOW
Fan headers on the ROG strix b450e consist of 3 addressable CHA_FAN fan headers beside the ones for CPU_OPT and CPU_FAN
Either of the other 3 CHA_FAN headers can take up to two fans using a Y cable connector.

Solution

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018

Yes, what I mean is that, can 1 ARGB header light up 9 ARGB fans? it is a lot of fans connected to a single argb header only, will the light become less brighter?

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018

I don't know if im able to explain it well.
Each fan will consist of 2 connectors right? 1 for the fan itself and 1 for the lightning (RGB/ARGB).

In this case, I will have 9 fans. So that is 9 ARGB lightning fans connected to 1 ARGB header. Will 1 ARGB header be able to handle 9 fans? I don't mean the fans itself, but the connectors for the argb.

I don't know if im able to explain it well.
Each fan will consist of 2 connectors right? 1 for the fan itself and 1 for the lightning (RGB/ARGB).

In this case, I will have 9 fans. So that is 9 ARGB lightning fans connected to 1 ARGB header. Will 1 ARGB header be able to handle 9 fans? I don't mean the fans itself, but the connectors for the argb.
All I know is that it is not wise to connect more than two fans to one header. They each draw approx 1 amp and maybe more to power the ARGB. I'm not going to recommend it.
I thought ARGB kits come with a controller using sata to control the lighting effects.

Last edited:

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
All I know is that it is not wise to connect more than two fans to one header. They each draw approx 1 amp and maybe more to power the ARGB. I'm not going to recommend it.
I thought ARGB kits come with a controller using sata to control the lighting effects.

ehhh what? so how come other people have 6 or more ARGB fans and be able to light them all up? its not like there is a motherboard with 6argb header right?