Question 1 Cable Or 2?

timlab1955

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
I'm about to journey into building my first computer. However, I'm not sure about the PSU cables or did I screw up ording the PSU that's not for my motherboard. The PSU that I order was the Corsair HX850 Platinum (2017) Power Supply, and I'm putting into my new motherboard which is a Z590-e with a I9-10850K CPU. According to the picture of the motherboard there are two plugs I'm unsure about. They are label ATX_12_2 AND ATX_12_1. The cables that come with the PSU are: ATX 24 Pin/20 which I'm assuming is for the motherboard 24 pin socket and then they have another cable 4+4 pin EPS/ATX12v. How does this work?
Thanks
Dan

I'm about to journey into building my first computer. However, I'm not sure about the PSU cables or did I screw up ording the PSU that's not for my motherboard. The PSU that I order was the Corsair HX850 Platinum (2017) Power Supply, and I'm putting into my new motherboard which is a Z590-e with a I9-10850K CPU. According to the picture of the motherboard there are two plugs I'm unsure about. They are label ATX_12_2 AND ATX_12_1. The cables that come with the PSU are: ATX 24 Pin/20 which I'm assuming is for the motherboard 24 pin socket and then they have another cable 4+4 pin EPS/ATX12v. How does this work?
Thanks
Dan
You will receive 2 of the 4+4 EPS cables; one cable you will plug both 4+4 connectors into the 8 pin socket; the second cable you will plug 1 of the 4 pin connectors into the 4 pin socket; the remaining 4 pin connector will be unused. If you like you can bend it back and tape it out of the way so that it doesn't touch anything.

Reactions: CountMike