Question 1 Game artifacting and another one randomly crashes

Jan 4, 2021
Just yesterday, playing GTAV I noticed that I'm getting some black artifacting all over the screen. Links to videos showing it below.

I booted into safemode, ran DDU and hit clean and restart. Then reinstalled latest drivers and the issue still persists. (in regards to the artifacting)

Decided to play some PoE then since in amongst the games I tested to see if they produced similar issues, PoE showed no signs of artifacting or glitches(and neither did Halo MCC) but now PoE is crashing randomly during gameplay with no apparent rhyme or reason. I could be sitting in town, crashed to desktop. In the middle of clearing a map, crash to desktop. It's getting quite frustrating and I have no idea what could be causing it.

Keep in mind, both of these issues starting yesterday. I've been playing both games all the way through December and have had no such issues.

My specs are the following:
GTX 1070
Ryzen 1800x
16GB ddr4 Ram
ROG x-370F Mobo
EVGA 630BG

Here's a drive link to the artifacting:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M986Gv73N9g1SplJHxEYUsNU1AlLRb96/view?usp=sharing

Appreciate any and all help

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
If you look at the top two entries in Event Viewer it will have the most important logged system issues. You can do a search on each item to see what they are. For instance, you may consider looking for Event 41 which is indicative of an unplanned shutdown. There are others that can point towards driver issues, etc.

Reliability history is even easier in that it will show little icons and a general description of the event, along with a chart showing how well the system has been staying.

Jan 4, 2021
If you look at the top two entries in Event Viewer it will have the most important logged system issues. You can do a search on each item to see what they are. For instance, you may consider looking for Event 41 which is indicative of an unplanned shutdown. There are others that can point towards driver issues, etc.

Reliability history is even easier in that it will show little icons and a general description of the event, along with a chart showing how well the system has been staying.

only one 41 event and it looks like it happened at the same time that the Reliability monitor says that Windows was not shut down properly. I can only think that happened when I was running the DDU.
other than that, nothing that seems to match up with timing to the crashes. That I can see anyways.

Jan 4, 2021
Hey, so the issue was a spoiler i added to a car in GTA that didn't actually show up properly and was glitching out like crazy. I never noticed it when i was modding it but noticed that the issue would always happen when that car was in view. took off spoiler, no more weird artifacting/glitching.

and PoE has for the most part stopped crashing so much? no idea where to start there but maybe it was all server side and I was just getting screwed by it. who knows.

Thanks for all the help

Last edited: