Question 1 GPU fan stuck running

menehunes

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
I just bought a brand new GPU, Asus ROG Strix 2060, and for w/e reason the far left fan is stuck running at what seems to be max speed at idle. I tried uninstalling the driver and when I did the fan stopped running, but when I reinstalled the driver and restarted the computer it began running at max again. I am at a loss of what could be causing this, unless its just a faulty GPU.

EDIT
Also for some reason I cannot run installation programs since this started, such as hwmonitor and speedfan. MSI Afterburner also starts up then after 5 seconds it closes. I thought it might have been a virus so I ran malwarebytes but it would freeze about 20-30 seconds in. After booting to safemode I was able to do everything though, with no malware detected. Right now I am trying to get into the BIOS to see if there's a setting messing with this but I am even having trouble doing that.

EDIT 2
So I fixed it, one of my SATA connectors was blocking the far right fan from moving. Once I moved it out of the way, the left fan stopped running at max, even under load. I don't know why one fan being blocked would cause this when the middle fan wasn't even running at idle, it would run under load at 55 degrees, or why I couldn't run certain programs though :/ But its working now as intended so thats great I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Banned by Net