Question 1 long beep, 2 short beeps, and a pause then 7 beeps

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
My motherboard is a Gigabyte H61M-S2P. I get 1 long beep followed by 2 short ones, then a pause, then 7 beeps. Between each of the 7 beeps there is a pause.. please help.

Update: i took out my gpu and cleaned it, now I get only 1 beep but no display

Update 2: I tried reseating gpu again 1 long beep and 2 shorts came back, so I used my onboard gpu and PC booted, does this means that my gpu is dead for sure? Anything I can do?

Last edited:
OK, not the processor it boots with internal graphics.
Verify external power connections are tight and making contact, try a different cable, try a different slot - swap in a different video card.
Generating bios codes at startup, it most likely died.

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
Verify external power connections are tight and making contact, try a different cable, try a different slot - swap in a different video card.
what is most likely died?

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
Video card
Did you try another slot?
Did you verify the power connertors are plugged in and secure?
Can you try a different video card - could still be a motherboard problem.
i have another smaller white slot in the mobo but i can't plug the GPU in it, its different and there is no space i don't know how to plug it in.. do you mean to verify all the connectors in the mobo are secure, or just the 6pin connector of the gpu?

PS: i've tried to unplug and clean the gpu a little and plug it again, when i turned on my pc i heard only one beep instead of 3, still no display.. but when i unplugged it and plug it once again back to 3 beeps, one long two short.. i dun know if it means something