1 Long Beep, 2 Short

jbgaela

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
1 Long Beep, 2 Short everytime i bootup my PC. But it works. I can play all day. But it's kinda irritating to hear it every time i boot it up (Cold Boot). I've also read that its from a GPU problem, but it runs perfectly. TIA :)
My System specs are:

Motherboard :MSI 970 Gaming
Processor: Fx 8350
GPU: Sapphire Nitro r9 390
PSU: Corsair VS550
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x2 1600mhz
Case: Deepcool Dukase
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master v6gt

Solution

I'd suggest to contact MSI for the exact meaning of this beep code.
Meanwhile you can try the ram sticks one by one (leave one in a system).
Also you can try to boot with other gfx card if you have one somewhere.

jbgaela

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

I just my bought my motherboard last month. should i replace the MB battery?

jbgaela

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

My Ram was originally seated at the 2nd and 4th slot. and changed it to the 1st and 3rd slot. it's still the same

jbgaela

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

I've tried to refit the graphics card when I was cleaning it last week and its still the same :(

I'd suggest to contact MSI for the exact meaning of this beep code.
Meanwhile you can try the ram sticks one by one (leave one in a system).
Also you can try to boot with other gfx card if you have one somewhere.

Solution
Hello... Replacing a "un-know" condition device with a "Known" good one will make fixing problems down the "Testing Path" a smoother and predictable experience. B ) Typically I use my multi-meter and test the voltage B D

This is a very important Part, for the Long, trouble free booting of your MB... That battery holds '1's and 0's" of the communications DATA for your RAM memory and other hardware on it... B / See why it's a important Early step/check in your Computer/Digital Board problem solving?

Batteries by these companies are bought in large quantities, stored for long periods of time and temperature conditions... "Shelf life" if ya don't have a meter to check it? Get NEW one, with a newer shelf life to it... B / it is a low cost 'Unknown" that needs to be 'verified" B )