[SOLVED] 1 long beep and 3 short beeps

asher_jk

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
So was getting no display and was getting this Post beep code.. All the lights were lit up on the card though.. Read up on it and the culprits should have been the gpu or psu.. So I borrowed the same card from my friend (he and I have the same setup) and that bought up the display just fine so I assumes it rules out the psu.. Now is there anything that I can try with the graphics card to make it alive before buying a new one.

The card in question is MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC

Solution
Didn't think that I would need to as his worked and mine is giving the beeps.. Will try it but if it works then wouldn't the plot thicken a bit too much😂

the plot will thicken until it boils, like a good gravy.;)

if the issue is the PCIe slot or otherwise testing in this way will make sure you replace the right part.

asher_jk

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
did you put your card in his system to make double sure its the GPU?
Didn't think that I would need to as his worked and mine is giving the beeps.. Will try it but if it works then wouldn't the plot thicken a bit too much😂
the plot will thicken until it boils, like a good gravy.;)

if the issue is the PCIe slot or otherwise testing in this way will make sure you replace the right part.
No surprises here.. It gives the same beep codes in his motherboard as well.. Anything that I can try to salvage me card.. Its out of warranty any ways.