1 Long beep and 3 short

MattiasH

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
So I've been having this problem when trying to install a new driver update for my nvidia gtx 1050 ti, everytime i try to update through the geforce experience it gets stuck on preparing installation, so I've just went around it and installed the drivers manually instead. And this time after the update i was playing pubg and i heard a long beep and 3 short beeps, so i searched about what the code could be so i tried uninstalling my gpu drivers through DDU, and now my display won't show up but windows seems to be working since i can my hdd working and not working. I even tried typing my password in after 1 minute of boot and the hdd started doing working sounds so windows is clearly working. What is the problem here?
Specs: I3-3220
6GB RAM
GTX 1050 TI MSI
Acer motherboard
500W PSU

Solution
constant beeping could be related to the keyboard. are any keys stuck down? try booting with the keyboard unplugged and see if the beep continues.
remove all but one stick of memory and attempt boot. do same with each stick try to ID the problem module.
can you get the motherboard model off of the motherboard? usually printed in white near or around the PCIe slots or near and around the RAM slots.
Acer uses parts from differing makers, knowing which would help narrow the search.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
1 long and 3 short comes up a RAM or GPU issue on my search.
Shut down the system and remove and reinsert the RAM. boot and see if the system is normal again.
try testing all the RAM together with MEMTEST86 for three passes.
remove and reinsert the GPU. boot and see if its normal.

OCD making me ask here, the monitor is connected to the ti not the motherboard? had to ask.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
constant beeping could be related to the keyboard. are any keys stuck down? try booting with the keyboard unplugged and see if the beep continues.
remove all but one stick of memory and attempt boot. do same with each stick try to ID the problem module.
can you get the motherboard model off of the motherboard? usually printed in white near or around the PCIe slots or near and around the RAM slots.
Acer uses parts from differing makers, knowing which would help narrow the search.

Solution

jhibbard75

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
I would try resetting the cmos and possibly replacing the battery another thing your video card could be coming loose. Try removing all the ram but 1 stick and go from there . Your one long beep would be lack of power going to your video card get your model number of your board

Update the BIOS of your motherboard. Can be found with the exact model number of your Acer pre-built system.

The 1050TI is connected to a PCIe power connector of the power supply?

If you can´t see what´s going on, most likely the TI is not recognized and instead the Intel graphics boots. Connect the monitor to the motherboard to update the BIOS.