1 long beep code ?

POP_RIVET

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
HELP PLEASE! I have an old 1gig p3 on an asus cusl2 mobo that was working great. This system has been layin around about 3 or 4 months and i robbed a few parts from it, now trying to get back going. I tried to boot up and it gives me one long beep code, nothing to the monitor. I have went over and over every connection, jumper, tried 3 different graphics cards, reset cmos, reseated ram. Can't find any info on 1 long beep code....? any help or suggestions

Thanks, POP

POP_RIVET

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I have read my manual and googled beep codes only thing similar is one long beep followed by two short beeps. which is graphics problem.

POP_RIVET

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I took out the graphic card, lynks card, and heatsink. reinstalled the same h/s, left out the lynks, changed the video card

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
you meant card lynksys card right sorry disregard the last post okay did you reuse the linksys card and graphics card i think that the system is beeping cause you changed the hardware configuration.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
on my mobo 1 long beep is a ram problem, i know this because i forgot to push my memory all the way in when installing it :D

POP_RIVET

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks all, i have read up and found that one long beep is ram related. I tried reseating and different banks with no luck, maybe dig up another stick of 133 and try.

thanks again

Sirelander

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
I have the same problem, and I've tried the same thing with replacing RAM modules but with no luck at all.
Since there are two memory modules on my computer, and it's hard that both of them died, I suspect it is a mobo problem. Does anyone have some new ideas?

G

one long beep means cpu, ram, gpu are ok but motherboard has malfunctioned

stark11

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
well, one long beep generally indicates the auxiliary power to the graphic card is not properly connected.
try to check that out.
hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS