Question 1 long beep plus 2 short ones after I enable secure boot ?

ConstantinosM

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
i recently attempted to install the leaked w11 iso so i tried to switch on secure boot on my system
(msi x99a raider mobo with intel i7-5820k, 16GB ram, nvidia gtx 1070 founders, 3 kingston ssd's, 1 WD HDD and 2 external usb ones)
but i get 1 long beep and 2 short ones. i've found references of this being a gpu or ram issue but i have no problem if secure boot is disabled.
what could be the problem?

Jun 25, 2021
i recently attempted to install the leaked w11 iso so i tried to switch on secure boot on my system
(msi x99a raider mobo with intel i7-5820k, 16GB ram, nvidia gtx 1070 founders, 3 kingston ssd's, 1 WD HDD and 2 external usb ones)
but i get 1 long beep and 2 short ones. i've found references of this being a gpu or ram issue but i have no problem if secure boot is disabled.
what could be the problem?
The exact same thing happens to me, when I activate Secure Boot, 3 Beep sounds and it no longer lets me re-enter the BIOS, although Windows starts normally and in the configuration I get that the safe mode is activated, to re-enter the BIOS to disable the Secure Boot, I have to clear the CMOS, is there a solution to keep the Secure Boot activated without the BEEPs and being able to enter the BIOS?

ConstantinosM

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
The exact same thing happens to me, when I activate Secure Boot, 3 Beep sounds and it no longer lets me re-enter the BIOS, although Windows starts normally and in the configuration I get that the safe mode is activated, to re-enter the BIOS to disable the Secure Boot, I have to clear the CMOS, is there a solution to keep the Secure Boot activated without the BEEPs and being able to enter the BIOS?
i also had to clear the cmos by pulling the battery and for me it didnt even boot into windows safe mode. it just went into bootloop where it beeped and restarted and a few times it just stayed in black screen.
i havent found a way to keep it activated and dont know what the problem is. i was running a beta bios but flashed the latest stable one to see if anything changed but no luck.

Jun 26, 2021
I have the same issue. When I enable Secure Boot computer won't boot and I just got 1 long and 2 short beeps. The screen is completely dark.
The motherboard is MSI H110M Pro-D. Before I enable secure boot I reset PA keys, because without that I can't enable it.

Jul 27, 2021
I have this issue also. The motherboard is the MSI x470 Gaming Plus. In an attempt to make this machine ready for Window 11 I set up secure boot. Not long after that the machine began the 1 long 2 short beeps at boot. It usually then boots normally. I ran the Windows memory diagnostic twice. No problem detected. Removed and reseated both the memory and the GPU. I also installed a new power supply. It's still happening.

I also tried disabling secure boot to see what would happen. I still got the 1 long 2 short beeps. The motherboard debug LEDs remain dark when the error occurs. The frequency of the errors is changing. It's now happening every day. Maybe it has nothing to do with secure boot? Maybe it's simply a failing GPU or motherboard problem? Anyone with any ideas? Thanks.

Jul 27, 2021
I have this issue also. The motherboard is the MSI x470 Gaming Plus. In an attempt to make this machine ready for Window 11 I set up secure boot. Not long after that the machine began the 1 long 2 short beeps at boot. It usually then boots normally. I ran the Windows memory diagnostic twice. No problem detected. Removed and reseated both the memory and the GPU. I also installed a new power supply. It's still happening.

I also tried disabling secure boot to see what would happen. I still got the 1 long 2 short beeps. The motherboard debug LEDs remain dark when the error occurs. The frequency of the errors is changing. It's now happening every day. Maybe it has nothing to do with secure boot? Maybe it's simply a failing GPU or motherboard problem? Anyone with any ideas? Thanks.

Not that anyone cares but I switched to a different motherboard. All the other components are the same. Enabled TPM and Secure Boot. No more beeps. New board is the Asus B550 Tuf Gaming Plus.

ConstantinosM

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Not that anyone cares but I switched to a different motherboard. All the other components are the same. Enabled TPM and Secure Boot. No more beeps. New board is the Asus B550 Tuf Gaming Plus.
it is probably an msi issue. have you tried before switching motherboards to boot with no external device attached?