Question 1 Week Old PC Bluescreening

Sep 21, 2023
I built my first PC last week, everything was working perfectly fine up until last night. I launched Call of Duty, left the room and when I returned the computer had a bluescreen error. I kept trying to get windows to boot but the errors would not go away. There was multiple errors that popped up during the multiple bluescreens such as (system service exception, ntoskrl.exe, win32kfull.sys, ect.).

With this being my first PC and having no troubleshooting experience I figured I would clear my m.2 ssd from my BIOS, and just install windows again and hopefully it would fix the problem. That obviously didn't work. So now I'm stuck with the computer still getting BSOD errors, without the ability to launch into safemode.

Things I have tried:
-Removing GPU and using the integrated graphics (Still BSOD)
-Making sure my RAM was properly seated, and tested each stick individually (Still BSOD)
-Updated BIOS (Still BSOD)
-Made sure all cables were completely connected (Still BSOD)
-Tried booting from my Windows installation USB (Still BSOD)
-Disabled XMP (Still BSOD)
-Tried booting without any extra USB devices connected (Still BSOD)

PC Specs
i7 13700k
MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Wi-Fi DDR4
MSI Gaming x Trio RTX 4080 16GB
2x 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600MHz
Corsair RM1000x Power Supply

Last edited:

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
I built my first PC last week, everything was working perfectly fine up until last night. I launched Call of Duty, left the room and when I returned the computer had a bluescreen error. I kept trying to get windows to boot but the errors would not go away. There was multiple errors that popped up during the multiple bluescreens such as (system service exception, ntoskrl.exe, win32kfull.sys, ect.).

With this being my first PC and having no troubleshooting experience I figured I would clear my m.2 ssd from my BIOS, and just install windows again and hopefully it would fix the problem. That obviously didn't work. So now I'm stuck with the computer still getting BSOD errors, without the ability to launch into safemode.

Things I have tried:
-Removing GPU and using the integrated graphics (Still BSOD)
-Making sure my RAM was properly seated, and tested each stick individually (Still BSOD)
-Updated BIOS (Still BSOD)
-Made sure all cables were completely connected (Still BSOD)
-Tried booting from my Windows installation USB (Still BSOD)
-Disabled XMP (Still BSOD)
-Tried booting without any extra USB devices connected (Still BSOD)

PC Specs
i7 13700k
MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Wi-Fi DDR4
MSI Gaming x Trio RTX 4080 16GB
2x 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600MHz
Are you getting the BSOD only when you are running Call of Duty, or at other times as well?

Sep 21, 2023
Are you getting the BSOD only when you are running Call of Duty, or at other times as well?
Ever since then I havent been able to make it into windows, so I decided to clear my m.2 ssd to attempt to install windows again. Even when I'm booted on the installation key I'll get the BSOD. The only place I don't get it is when im in BIOS.

Oct 18, 2023
I feel your pain!
Pretty much in the same boat. My new build was working perfectly right up until 3 days ago. Sods law just past the 30 day Amazon returns policy.
I was playing Starfield, the screen froze, which had never happened before. Mouse and keyboard stopped working. I held the power button down to try and restart and got nothing but blue screens.

I managed to get into safe mode, tried every single fix I have come across. No joy. Even deleted everything, hoping to start from scratch. Managed after a few attempts to get windows 10 up and running(clean install) but only in safe mode.

Had enough after 24 hours of messing with it. Took it to a local computer tech chap. He can't figure it out. Tried to do another clean windows install but he couldn't even do that. He swapped out the GPU and still the same. His best guess is the motherboard, it just doesn't make sense. The similarity we have is the PSU. Problem is I don't have another one to swap it out with and the tech chap said it wouldn't be the PSU.

PC Specs
i5 13600k
MSI Z790 A Wi-Fi DDR5
MSI RTX 4070 Dual
2x 32GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 5600MHz

Have you had any joy?