[SOLVED] 1 Whea Internal Parity Error on 10850K stock on Metro Exodus in 80 hours of play.

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Hi my pc:
108500K stock 4800mhz
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD
My pc i have 6 months,never had any WHEAS. I tested Control, Quake 2 rtx, Metro Exodus,3dmark port royal,battlefield 5,Serious Sam 4 and other games. No Wheas during 6 months,no bsods,no crashes.
My system is updated to newest Win 10 H20.
Week ago i run again Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition for 8 hours. After exiting game i check event logs and saw 1 WHEA Internal Parity Error.
The exact WHEA 19 was like this:
error source: unknown error source error type: internal parity error processor ir: 3
And my question is why one single WHEA appeared after 6 months on stock cpu?!
I have only XMP on. But memtest no errors. Rma cpu then?

I tested again Metro Exodus for 80 hours and this time no single whea. Should i be worried still and rma or not? Thx

Solution
I've mentioned it on your PCGamer thread, which you never answered but I'll do so here. What BIOS version are you currently working with? As it pertains to your gaming sessions, make sure that you've tried uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU, reboot and then reinstall GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, with the latest drivers previously downloaded from Nvidia's support site.

Considering you're on X.M.P, try manually inputting timings, frequency and voltage for the rams in BIOS. Speaking of rams, what slots are you populating on your motherboard with those two sticks?

How long of a warranty period do you have on your parts? If it's brand new, let it settle, see if the issue devolves...

Lutfij

Titan
I've mentioned it on your PCGamer thread, which you never answered but I'll do so here. What BIOS version are you currently working with? As it pertains to your gaming sessions, make sure that you've tried uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU, reboot and then reinstall GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, with the latest drivers previously downloaded from Nvidia's support site.

Considering you're on X.M.P, try manually inputting timings, frequency and voltage for the rams in BIOS. Speaking of rams, what slots are you populating on your motherboard with those two sticks?

How long of a warranty period do you have on your parts? If it's brand new, let it settle, see if the issue devolves into a lockups, unplayable gaming sessions.

Solution
so , effectively, 1 hypothetical random bit lost in 80 hours of play, and...

You've determined that the CPU is at fault?

:)

(I'd try some slightly slower RAM speeds/less aggressive timings first; 2933 MT/s is an actual approved/certified speed to test first)

What clock speeds is your CPU maintaining on all cores after 4 minutes at load in CPU-Z/bench/stress cpu?