Question 10,000 errors in memtest

ch33r

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 13, 2010
Is my memory really that bad or is it just that maybe this board just doesn't like this memory. How do you get 10,000 errors?

Ralston18

Titan
Uninstall and reinstall memtest - current install may be buggy or corrupted.

Doublecheck motherboard's supported RAM and RAM configurations.

Doublecheck that installed RAM is correct for your motherboard.

Try one module at a time in each available RAM slot.

Narrow down the errors to a particular RAM module or slot.

ch33r

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 13, 2010
Uninstall and reinstall memtest - current install may be buggy or corrupted.

Doublecheck motherboard's supported RAM and RAM configurations.

Doublecheck that installed RAM is correct for your motherboard.

Try one module at a time in each available RAM slot.

Narrow down the errors to a particular RAM module or slot.

I didn't install memtest. I booted from it. Im not going to test all 4 sticks on all 4 slots one at a time. That will take a month. I've already started the RMA process for the RAM and I'm just wondering why I got 10,000 errors

ch33r

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 13, 2010
10,000 errrors:

Buggy/corrupted memtest. One or more faulty RAM slots. One or more faulty RAM modules.

Misconfigured RAM installation.

Right. Well what was interesting was that I had set the XMP, ran the test, it did 4 passes with a total of 4 errors. Then I disabled the XMP, tested again, and got 10,000 errors. This RAM is not on the QVL. I've ordered a new 64GB kit. Its on the QVL, and I'm RMAing the incompatible kit. Don't know why its not on the QVL when DDR4 is DDR4. ….. but whatever. What I don't get is how I went from 4 - 10,000 errors just by disabling XMP. That's beyond me

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The inconsistencies noted earlier warrant an alternate assessment. That is the intention here, confirmation of the issue.

If the memory runs at the default DDR4 speed of 2133, do the errors go away?

Are you running the most recent BIOS available for your motherboard?

well ure using 4 slots with dual ranked ram
is your ram GTZR or GTZRX?

eitherway keep XMP up, try reduce clock to 2933, see if memtest pass it with 0 errors, if it passes, then ram is fine

about non xmp errors, u should probably report it on mainboard support forum (as this is bios related)