Question 10-12 Seconds before MB Posts on startup. Why?

Bisquik

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
As the title explains, whenever I start or restart my PC, it takes about 10-12 seconds before the system will post (incl. the speaker 'beep'). I have two systems that are identical and they both have the same exact issue. This has been happening since I assembled the builds. My only guesses are that it is a memory/MB or GPU/MB issue. Both SHOULD be compatible with my MB though. I saw some other posts that suggest it might be a USB device, but this has been happening with just a Razer mouse and keyboard.

My MB is a ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero LGA1151 (i7-8700k) [no OC at the moment]
GPU = SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 5700 XT
Memory = G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel Z370 / X299 Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C17Q-64GTZ
Power = Corsair AX1000

There is a Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD as my boot drive. I also have in there a standard Samsung SSD and a HDD as well.

Once the system posts, it starts up normally (quickly).
If not hardware related, could this be a BIOS setting I missed?

Any suggestions or anyone with prior experience that can help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Bisquik

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
I'll give it a try later tonight and report back.
Sorry for the delay. My son has been on the computer doing school work, so my access has been limited.

I finally disconnected all the drives except for the NVME M.2 drive. The motherboard still takes over 10 seconds to begin booting—the attached speaker will beep after about 10 seconds and then the boot sequence starts.

It is like it pauses when I hit the power button and it needs to warm up before it actually starts? Diagnostics? Every other PC I have built or used starts up within a second or two. I've never had this happen.

Is there a setting in the bios that I may need to alter? I've been through it before and I never found anything. Granted, I'm only a novice with this stuff.

Again, I would love to hear ideas. This isn't a horrible problem, it is just really annoying that I can't figure it out.