[SOLVED] 10-pin Power for this motherboard???

therehere3

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2014
Hi guys! I just noticed this motherboard has a 10pin power supply connector on it?
How would I (and do I even) need to plug that in???
Here is the motherboard:
motherboard.jpg

And as you can see on the bottom-left of the picture on that motherboard, it has a 10pin connector. Is that for the CPU?
How do find a connector for that?

EDIT: here is the link to the motherboard Dell Precision T5810 LGA2011 DDR4 Workstation Motherboard K240Y | B321

therehere3

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2014
You'll need something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Adapter-Braided-Sleeved-Servers/dp/B06WV9Z9QT

I assume this an IBM/Lenovo? They're known for having 10-pin connectors on their proprietary motherboards. I'm not personally a fan of adapters for any CPU/PCIE ports, but if you can't get a standard motherboard, they'll get the job done.

Awesome thank you!
So, just to confirm I will have to find a PSU that supposed another 24pin connector so I can use that 24pin to 10pin?

edit: I cannot find a PSU that supports 2 ATX 24pin connectors. Do you know of any by chance?

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Awesome thank you!
So, just to confirm I will have to find a PSU that supposed another 24pin connector so I can use that 24pin to 10pin?

edit: I cannot find a PSU that supports 2 ATX 24pin connectors. Do you know of any by chance?

Ah, I thought this was an IBM/Lenovo; that changes things a bit. I'll have to see if I can track down some documentation for this specific motherboard. That you updated with more information is extremely helpful!

MurdyPlay

Prominent
Jul 12, 2019
that is pc motherboard with server cpu and dell weird psu connector

you could use original psu power connector, cut is and connect cables but heir colours. THAT IS RISKY. but you can try

therehere3

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2014
that is pc motherboard with server cpu and dell weird psu connector

you could use original psu power connector, cut is and connect cables but heir colours. THAT IS RISKY. but you can try

I'm sure I can get any non-dell PSU to work. Just need to know what wire needs to come from where is my problem haha.
I am very experienced with electrical things so I can solder my own thing together if need-be but just not sure what wires and where 0.o