Windows XP was/is much easier to config and use than Windows 7.
There are several things I really dislike about Win7:
- the Start Button, the classic way was much easier and faster to use
- to access folder options, they should be accessed by the folder»tools»folder options line in XP, I´m only able to use them by going to Help and search for folder otions
- sharing folders SUCKS BIG TIME, it was stupidly simple to share in XP, now is stupidly complex to share in 7, most of the time I can´t share folders
- the "intuition" policy taken by microsoft resulted in Microsoft products becoming harder to work, we waste to much time using intuition to find stuff,
- some services just wont stop working, the Media Player network service(don´t remember the exact name)keeps working even after it has been ordered to stop and the service disabled
there are other, but despite all this I am very pleased with the performance of Windows 7, in overall they´ve done a really good job.
When will Microsfot do a Windows that is trully custumizable, where you can actually choose the services you want installed (there for saving disk space).
I want a fully customizable Windows OS!!!!