10 Years Later, Romero Apologizes for Daikatana

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Don't worry Romero I never saw the ad.

Also I played the game a little bit and I think the general gaming community is a bunch of whiners. Sure it wasn't the best game of all time but it was far from the worst.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
The bad reviews turned me off the game. I don't even recall the ad he talks about, I just remember PC Gamer pretty much telling me to stay away. I think the demo crashed my PC, but then a lot of things crashed my PC back then.

G

[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]"To win the game, kill John Romero" (if reversed)Anyone remembers?[/citation]

Indeed. John Romero was the final 'boss' in Doom II - the icon of sin :)

I don't think this guy need apologise. By founding Ion Storm he indirectly gave us Deus-Ex, which makes up for any amount of bad games IMHO.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Most marketing department is 900% over staffed. Just look at all the terrible ads on TV and mags. (Internet ads don’t count just like bloggers aren’t journalist)

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]Don't worry Romero I never saw the ad.Also I played the game a little bit and I think the general gaming community is a bunch of whiners. Sure it wasn't the best game of all time but it was far from the worst.[/citation]

i agree i ahve played much worse games that that one but for soem screw-my-mind reason , so amny peioepl stick it int eh worse game of times list i didn't really think it deserverd sucha dishonor as that.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
LOL I played this game back when it was new... and it did suck. Even back in the day it was not as good as Shadow Warrior or Duke 3D... (sure it was more 3D then they where but the game itself sucked more then 99% of the games I have ever played)

Sure it was not as bad as E.T but it wasn't much better either...

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
So hes NOT apologizing for one of the crappiest games ever, but for the ad for the crappiest game ever.

God, THG must be hiring the same idiots that write headlines over at wired.com

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]michaelahess[/nom]I loved that game, get past it's quirks and it was really quite good. Better than Halo by miles![/citation]
Not really anything to get excited about; Halo was utterly dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.