$100,000 Worth of iPhone 5s Stolen in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misleading title. $100,000 price of iPhones were stolen. Their "worth" is entirely subjective. In my case, I might risk $20 on one to see how I'd like it compared to my Droid 2 (some coworkers have iPhones, and they're nothing special).
OTOH, true Apple drones might pay $2K for one; so this could be anywhere from 50 to 5000 iPhones stolen.

[citation][nom]teh_chem[/nom]$100,000 sounds like a lot of money. But then when you find out it's only 200 iPhones, you realize again just how overpriced some phones are.[/citation]
There, fixed.

spat55

Distinguished
Good luck to them, but I do wonder wherever this is a stunt like the other guy said, they can then blame that slightly for the low production numbers. But good luck to the guys that stolen them, at least it wasn't grandma around the corner, and they only stolen off of people who can afford it, and rip people off!

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]Their "worth" is entirely subjective.[/citation]
Love to see that used in court. "But your honor, these devices are worthless to me, so technically I didn't steal anything...!"

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Because of their ID #, if those phones are used in Japan or UK - they could be tracked down... but if sold in other countries...

they are a loss... to apple. They didn't feel it.

[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Dumb thieves following the dumb iSheeple. Both are racing to the bottom of the intelligence chain...[/citation]
As much as I agree with you (I am personally allergic to "apples"), these thieves know that there are a bunch of morons who will pay whatever for a phone with that "almighty apple" symbol on it. I find that women specifically buy these things because they're "pretty". Thieves don't generally use what they steal, they fence it and iPhones will catch a hefty sum due to idiotic consumerism.

Personally, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Apple goes the way of Steve Jobs, extinct.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Dumb thieves following the dumb iSheeple. Both are racing to the bottom of the intelligence chain...[/citation]
Actually the thieves are the smart ones, you don't steal things that won't sell that would be stupid you steal tings that will sell and a smart thief knows that iPhones will sell. You don't have to like what you are selling you just have to peddle what will make you money.

Status
Not open for further replies.