Question 100% CPU/Ram usage Just Google Chrome open

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
Hi everyone I am not sure how to seek help for this...

This Computer has been spiking in Task manager at 100% Cpu/Ram usage just with 4-6 tabs of Google Chrome Open..So I am just trying to figure out if there is something wrong with the computer or not. Sometimes I start up the computer and the monitor won't read the computer leaving me with a blank screen hooked up via HDMI and sometimes the computer when I try to start with take forever on Asus logo screen with spinning wheel.

XPS 8930 is the computer we bought that this happening too. Also this computer is on Win 10 Pro x64 (Build 10.0, Build 19043)

Not sure how to post hwmonitor.txt on here. Also my monitor just says Generic PnP Monitor in DXDiag. I had the cpu-z stress test & HWMonitor run for 30 min.

Just trying to figure out if there is something wrong or if computer is OK but some of the symptoms are worse some days then others. We had Dropbox auto open when the computer started which caused computer to freeze for more then 10 min before it would let me use it so I stopped computer from starting it on startup.

Sorry if it is a little jumbled but just seeking some guidance on this matter.

Thanks for all your time.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Check what is starting with Windows. Go to "Background apps" and turn off anything you don't need. Check for "allow Chrome to run in the background" disable that as well as "GPU acceleration" for Chrome.

After you get all that, suggest running Userbenchmark and posting the result here with the link they will give you at the end. Turn off frame counters (Afterburner, etc.) if enabled before running.