[SOLVED] 100 % CPU usage Modern Warfare, Warzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
Hey People, Me and my friend bot have i-5 cpu’s i don’t know his gen tho but here are my specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BertDeDikkerd/saved/#view=ct9BP6

What the problem is: Me and my friend are on 100% CPU usage i have never seen this with any other game before.
What I’ve tried:
I have the latest drivers I have downloaded directx I have checked my res. I have capped my fps at 60( this works to reduce cpu but it is not ideal since i can’t use my 240 hz monitor to it’s full extent so this is not an option for me.) I have changed priority settings of game
That is everything i’ve tried so far. Both me and my friends have the same problem, so i think it can’t be only us.
Is there any solution yet? Or do you guys know anything I can try?
I've looked around forums and this problem seems to be happening to cpu's withouth hyperthreading such like the i5's

Thanks! Regards! 🙂

Solution
Let's see:
1)No cpu/gpu thermal throttling?
2)PC is clean of viruses/malware?
3)Clean installs of gpu drivers were done using Display Driver Uninstaller, after which the newest recommended driver was installed without Geforce Experience?
4)No missing or corrupt Windows files? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker
5)Storage drives aren't full, and are in good condition?
6)No excessive memory usage - aka, memory leak?
7)Motherboard drivers are up to date?

If all that checks out fine, then:
I've looked around forums and this problem seems to be happening to cpu's withouth hyperthreading such like the i5's
All of the yes.
The non-hyperthreaded cpus also suffer high frame time...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Let's see:
3)Clean installs of gpu drivers were done using Display Driver Uninstaller, after which the newest recommended driver was installed without Geforce Experience?
4)No missing or corrupt Windows files? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

All of the yes.
The non-hyperthreaded cpus also suffer high frame time spikes when all their cores are loaded.
Unfortunately, both of those games can use more than 6 cpu threads.
Warzone is much harder on cpus than Warfare, simply because of the number of players in a match.

Folks on older Ryzen 1000 and 2000 may not have the single core performance of your, and your buddy's cpus, but they're not running into performance issues due to lack of threads either.

Solution

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
Let's see:

All of the yes.
The non-hyperthreaded cpus also suffer high frame time spikes when all their cores are loaded.
Unfortunately, both of those games can use more than 6 cpu threads.
Warzone is much harder on cpus than Warfare, simply because of the number of players in a match.

Folks on older Ryzen 1000 and 2000 may not have the single core performance of your, and your buddy's cpus, but they're not running into performance issues due to lack of threads either.
All of this is fine.
So the last thing i can do is buy a new cpu? Which one do you reccomend, I've heard amd ones are better price/performance i think i have socket 1151

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-A 2nd hand i7-8700, or 8700K
-i7-9700, or 9700K: You will have to update the motherboard's bios beforehand if you haven't already done it

-9900K: The cost of this cpu and the cooling required is so expensive, you'd be better off with another combo instead: Ryzen 3600/3700X + B450 Tomahawk MAX.

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
-A 2nd hand i7-8700, or 8700K
-i7-9700, or 9700K: You will have to update the motherboard's bios beforehand if you haven't already done it

-9900K: The cost of this cpu and the cooling required is so expensive, you'd be better off with another combo instead: Ryzen 3600/3700X + B450 Tomahawk MAX.
Are there no cheaper amd alternatives? with same specs as i7 8700?

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
If a Ryzen 3600 + a B450 MAX motherboard is too much:
-a Ryzen 1600 AF(if you can find one) + B450 mobo
-a Ryzen 2600 + B450 mobo

Of course, the socket is different, so that means a new mobo.
As I said earlier, your best options on the Intel side are:
-2nd hand i7-8700
-i7-9700
Hey, I’ve looked for the intel ones you sugessted second hand, i can’t find any in my country. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.