[SOLVED] 100% CPU usage on opening games

Jan 26, 2019
This is my first thread and I’m getting desperate, I purchased a GTX 1080ti for Christmas and am running a Ryzen 5 2600x. Whenever I open any game, Division, Destiny 2, RB6 Siege, CPU jumps to 100% usage and crashes and reboots. Someone please help !

Solution

What are the complete system specs?

Nothing AMD makes can really keep up with a GTX 1080Ti at 1080P, not really.

Although a Ryzen 2700X would do a lot better.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
i guess you have reinstalled windows and drivers?

Before or at the same time as you open a game open the task manager and check if there is any other services or programs with high cpu load. windows 10 had some issues with high cpu usage

Jan 26, 2019

That’s what I had though, any idea on how to work around that other than upgrade CPU?

Jan 26, 2019
Have tried all of these solutions on here, still to no avail. I never heard anything bad about AMD CPUs with the 1080ti. This was my first AMD build and it’s been giving me nightmares. Thinking I should just scrap the mobo and CPU for intel

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
amd and a 1080 ti should work without any problem.

i read a few posts saying that ryzen cpus are very fuzzy about memory compability and can cause crashes. any other ram to try with?

some solved the problem by changing the energy Power settings to high performance.

are you using the latest version of windows? seems like alot of people had issues with ryzen cpus and windows 10 causing crashes.

i would look at the bios settings for the ram and possibly try new ram and get the latest version of windows on usb stick and try installing it one more time.

also you could try go into bios and try load default settings . reboot and try again. this fixed issues with windows 10 for some.

some people with same problem as you
https://community.amd.com/thread/231289

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8b0304/windows_10_random_freezes_on_ryzen/

the thing that seem to solve it for some people is checking the ram compability or changing the Power plan in windows to high performance instead of amd ryzen balanced plan.

TRENDING THREADS