100% CPU usage when idle for 2 minutes?

Jul 12, 2018
I've been noticing my pc slowing down whenever I wanted to watch something, video would slow down and eventually stop, then it would go back to normal after I move my mouse.

Windows 10, 64 bit
Intel core i7-7700
32 RAM
Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

Worth to mention when nothing else is in a background and just my VLC player I can notice a minimal lag of a video, but nothing much, but once I start my recording software or open the browser it just stops and sometimes even moving my mouse doesnt help which makes me wait around 1 minute while pressing alt+ctrl+delete.

Normally I never post when I have a problem with PC since I always managed to find answer on google, but this time nothing helps.

I searched for viruses with Avira and Malwarebytes, nothing.
I tried changing power setting, uninstalling drivers.

I've been trying to resolve this issue for a while now and when I think it's resolved it happens again, I give up. Please, help me fix this.

I've managed to record the exact moment I opened my task manager when the problem started to show up.

This is what shows up first

gUgpRZR.png

Immediately after this

nnH2Ccc.png

Task manager then slowly goes back to 1 percent, it actually happens everytime I open my task manager so I dont know if this is related to the problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows uses idle times to run scans that it needs to run to keep PC working fine, so it could be rebuilding the index or defragging the hdd or just playing with superfetch, or run a defender scan. There are many other possible things it could be doing. It should go back to 0 the minute you interact with it

click on performance tab
open resource monitor on boittom of page.
in processes window, cliuck on Average CPU to sort by most usage
wait for the idle usage to show up

its likely ntoskrnl using it, its the windows kernel. It looks after driver requests, memory management and power management.