[SOLVED] 100% CPU Usage when playing R6S

matthewraagas87

Commendable
Jun 11, 2018
I have an i5 7400 and its was working at 100% whenever I play rainbow six siege until the new recent update of the game which had caused my mouse to stutter at 100% cpu usage. Before this update my cpu was already at 100% but it did not affect me either way until the recent update. I had also tried v-sync 144hz and also to cap the fps in the user config to 144 fps. Even though it has been capped already it still stutters and input lag is horrible. I also tried a BIOS update but did not do anything. My CPU would hover around 98-100% but my GPU is only working around 45-60%. Am I being bottleneck by the CPU? Is there a certain way to fix this? Help is very appreciated
PC Specs:
i5 7400
GTX 1060 3GB
16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz
600W PSU
1 TB HDD
240 GB SSD
etc Mouse (Logitech G502)

Solution
I know you want high FPS but try capping the FPS at much lower than 144, try 100. This should take a fair amount of pressure off the cpu. If it was caused by the update you can only hope they release a fix.

Try shutting down every application you don’t need before running the game. It might free up enough cpu to make a difference.
I know you want high FPS but try capping the FPS at much lower than 144, try 100. This should take a fair amount of pressure off the cpu. If it was caused by the update you can only hope they release a fix.

Try shutting down every application you don’t need before running the game. It might free up enough cpu to make a difference.

Solution