100% Cpu usage

Dan1010

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Hello there. My cpu is constantly running at 100% in absolute any games I throw at it. It is paired with a Gtx 950 and 8gb of ram. Stuttering is one of the worst problems, along with low fps and huge drops in some light titles. It used to run well on medium settings and a small gpu OC. Any ideas on how can it be fixed?

Dan1010

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Hi there! My specs: I5 2400; 8gb of ddr3 ram; a Gigabyte Gtx 950 single fan; a Gigabyte H61 mobo and a Corsair Vs 550.
The cpu utilisation used to be lower like 60-70% in the same titles I play right now. For example, I used to run SW Battlefront 2 constantly around 60-70 fps with nvidia's custom settings and now it isn't even playable encountering lots of stuttering and frame drops. The cpu's temperature is around 60-65*C but it hasn't been cleaned for a year or so. Plus, the cpu boost clock is said to be around 3,4 ghz but it stucks at 3.195 ghz and won't go above that. A single solution which seems to ease the problem is turning on v-sync.

Cioby

Distinguished
Well obviously your system will go at 100% if you keep it unchained, it will try to provide you the max fps possible.
Are you sure you played at the same settings and same fps before? Sometimes games get updates with some new features that get automatically enabled. Try other games too, lower settings and see if the same happens. Plus are your parts new and how many years have you been using them?