100% disk usage even after reinstalling Windows

Nirmalya1997

Commendable
Jul 3, 2016
Today when I turn on my pc I feel its lagging so I open task manager and there I see my disk usage is constantly getting around 100%. But there is no service that uses as much amount of disk. I reboot my pc. On boot screen bios give me some error so I open bios settings and enable "restore default" then its booted up but the booting is very slow and the system is almost unusable. I decided to do a fresh install of Windows so I started it. But even the installation of Windows is way more slower then usual. It took almost 2 hour to complete the installation. After the fresh installation of Windows , the result is same. The bios gives me some boot device error on startup but after enabling "restore default " each time, the Windows starts. The problem even occurs in safe mode. Now my pc is almost unusable and I wont figured out what causing the problem. Is it the motherboard or the hard disk?.

Specs: Intel i3 2100 processor
Asus h61m-d motherboard
8gb ddr3 Kingston hyperx fury ram
500gb hdd
Windows 10.

Sorry for my bad english.

Antharax42

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
I had the same problem on my win 10 pro pc
It is just a bug in latest update of windows 10
Cause---While device resets can be caused by a varying number of factors, we are aware of issues with some Advanced Host Controller Interface PCI-Express(AHCI PCIe) models that causes these symptoms in Windows 10 when running with the inbox StorAHCI.sys driver. Due to a firmware bug, the Solid-state drive (SSD) does not properly complete input/output when Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) mode is enabled. As a result, the Windows storage stack attempts to reset the device after waiting on unresponsive reads or writes for a period of time.

Found solution in given link
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/3083595