100% Disk Usage HDD

NewGuyJack

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
A couple months ago, my computer starting running very slow, and I noticed that I was constantly at 100% Disk Usage, all of the time. I'm running Windows 10. I've tried a variety of software fixes (disabling super fetch, flash player, cloud protection, etc.) but nothing has helped.

I also tried some hardware fixes. I replaced the SATA power and data cable that connected my hard drive to my motherboard, but that didn't fix the problem either. I ran a SMART scan of my hard drive too and the test came back fine; nothing seemed to be wrong with my hard drive.

My PC specs are the follows:
CPU: Intel i5-4440 @ 3.10GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
RAM: 8.00 GB
HDD: ST1000DM003 (Seagate 1TB)

I've attached some pictures of my activity log for more info. Thanks for the help.
5VvVi5C.jpg

SyQyAl2.jpg

JM6QAe4.jpg

Solution
From resource monitor, can you show a screenshot of the disk activity showing on the overview page with the columns sorted to show highest writes, and showing the full file name of the processes. It might help to do same for reads, not sure if activity is either. That will show us more as many things run as system or might show whats using that rundll

Have you run a defrag or anti virus? Could try turning off indexing

NewGuyJack

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

Yeah I ran the Seagate Tools for windows 10 and my drive came back totally fine. I disabled Windows Defender to see if it made a difference in my disk usage and it didn't. I still had 100% disk usage with and without using Windows Defender.

I have the latest windows updates. I manually installed the latest updates and they did not solve the issue.

Colif

Win 11 Master
From resource monitor, can you show a screenshot of the disk activity showing on the overview page with the columns sorted to show highest writes, and showing the full file name of the processes. It might help to do same for reads, not sure if activity is either. That will show us more as many things run as system or might show whats using that rundll

Have you run a defrag or anti virus? Could try turning off indexing

Solution