Question 100% Disk usage on both SSDs ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 13, 2022
I have searched the internet for a week now and tried everything that I can possibly think of (and everything pretty much every forum has suggested). Every time I launch Rust (I have played rust for over 2k hours on this pc) it goes into the initial loading screen, then my whole pc freezes, followed by a error message from rust saying "unable to start game". I have ran task manager in the background and started it many times, every time, both SSD's (Windows SSD, and gaming SSD) spike to 100%, everything else is normal. I have tried the following things, however I am probably not listing them all:

• -Reinstalling steam and rust
  • -Reinstalling nvidia drivers
  • -Fully factory reset PC through windows reset
  • -Fully wiped and reformatted gaming SSD
  • -Ran windows defender for every possible kind of scan it will do
  • -Used a ram checker and checked ram
  • -Used windows to check both SSD's
  • -Power supply is running as should

At this point, I have reset my entire PC and have no other ideas as to what could be causing it except a hardware issue. Since both SSD's are running at 100% this leads me to think something is wrong with the RAM that I currently have. If I can't find a solution soon, i'm just going to start buying new parts lol.... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, IM GOING CRAZY

PC SPECS:
Motherboard: X570 AORUS ELITE
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: 1070ti
RAM: 16GB 3200mhz
Windows SSD: 250GB
Games SSD: 1TB

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"However, with the refresh of windows and fresh ssd, rust will at least launch, but still is freezing when launching and not at normal FPS "

If the computer is booting and running to some extent then Windows may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events when Rust is launched.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may be capturing some error code and associated details at the time of the freezes. May or may not be directly helpful but worth a look.

Jun 13, 2022
I go to eat dinner, come back and all of the sudden Rust will launch without causing the disks to go to 100, however my computer is still acting a little funny so I restart rust a couple times. After the third time or so, it started to give me error code 30005 (rust) so i have no idea what is wrong with this PC lol...

Jun 13, 2022
After i restarted my computer, the disk was acting funny again, when i started rust it went to 100% and stayed at 40% with rust taking up 200mb/s of disk (way high) then all the sudden it dropped to 0-1% so i restarted rust. This time, rust launched fine with no problems. SSD is at 1% currently, this is very confusing

Jun 13, 2022
No not really, I restarted the computer one time and it magically started letting me launch rust and run without lag.. however disk is still spiki at launch up and random times

Jul 7, 2022
Hey man, literally created an account to say something because this is the only thread I can find with ANYTHING about whats going on with my Rust. Same issue as you, both SSDs shoot to 100%, and sometimes I get in, most the time I don't. Most of the time, I am thrown error code 10011 and have done EVERYTHING to fix it but it doesn't seem to matter. The only similar things in common I notice about our builds is our CPU and board type (Only difference is my board is ASUS.) Today's monthly update didn't do anything unfortunately, have you had anymore luck with the situation? Would love to hear from you if you did!

Thanks.

EDIT: It is only Rust that I have issues with to preface. I don't get anticheat errors with any of my other games that require it, like Hunt Showdown. No other game spikes my SSDs like this either.