Question 100% disk usage on Windows 10, cannot solve at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENGgamerJAY

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Hi there.

I know you've probably seen this topic a million times, but hear me out please! I recently installed Windows 10 on my Kingston A400 SSD (480GB model) and I'm a little frustrated with the frequent lag spikes I get. I check task manager to see what the culprit is, but nothing from what I can see is causing it to spike. This tends to happen every couple mins, and can last from a few seconds to even a minute! I don't really know where else to turn to as I have done everything suggested online, aside from reinstalling Windows (which I really don't fancy doing unless it will 100% fix it.) I have disabled Windows search, disabled anti-virus, uninstalled a variety of programs that could cause this issue, I changed my AHCI.sys settings (I think thats what it was called.) I turned that prediction setting off in Chrome and I don't have Skype so I know it's not that. Restarting my system prevents it happening for about an hour, but then it begins again! I have run a diskcheck and everything. I have tried to observe trends and when it typically tends to lag the most, but it's completely random no matter what applications I have open. Part of me suspects it may have something to do with Chrome as it happens a lot in Chrome, but it still occurs even when Chrome is closed.

I was curious if anyone else has had these issues fairly recently? Or if anybody can suggest any other kind of solution that I may not have tried? I know other solutions were disabling superfetch, but it doesn't seem to exist on this build. If installing Ubuntu is your advice, you don't have to tell me twice lol. I just want to make sure this won't occur even if I did reinstall Win10 or moved to a different OS. I appreciate the help :D

callaghan94

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
if the firmware updat doesn't work, try temporarily disabling windows search, before I ran out of patience with win 10 and went back to win 7, i had the same problem, although I've never seen it happen with an ssd. I would run a malware scan too just to be sure, and download rkill just in case there are sneaky processes running, probably fine but it never hurts to check. Check your system image too by running 'sfc scannow' in command to see if there is any OS corruption

Apr 16, 2019
I posted an answer in these following threads:

Also other answer is in this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.