Question 100% GPU usage, low temps, low fps (CS:GO)

Jobjanusz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019
Hello everyone! I recently upgraded my mobo and cpu. Yesterday I tested it out. Everything seems to work fine except for the fact. When I run csgo, I get around 70-80 fps in dm and my GPU usage is maxed out (around 100%) in task manager. The GPU temperatures are fine, cpu usage is only around 40%. I experienced this issue with a friend of mine, but I couldn't find a solution. Now I have the same problem. This only happens in csgo tho. In other games the gpu usage is around 40% as well. I have the same GPU, PSU and RAM installed, that I used on my old mobo and before the upgrade I didn't have this problem. What could be the fix? I already uninstalled my GPU drivers and changed some Nvidia settings, but nothing helped.

GPU: RTX 2060
CPU: I5-12400f
MOBO: PRIME B660M-A D4

Best regards,

Jobjanusz

Hello everyone! I recently upgraded my mobo and cpu. Yesterday I tested it out. Everything seems to work fine except for the fact. When I run csgo, I get around 70-80 fps in dm and my GPU usage is maxed out (around 100%) in task manager. The GPU temperatures are fine, cpu usage is only around 40%. I experienced this issue with a friend of mine, but I couldn't find a solution. Now I have the same problem. This only happens in csgo tho. In other games the gpu usage is around 40% as well. I have the same GPU, PSU and RAM installed, that I used on my old mobo and before the upgrade I didn't have this problem. What could be the fix? I already uninstalled my GPU drivers and changed some Nvidia settings, but nothing helped.

Best regards,

Jobjanusz
Did you do a full reinstall of Windows?

Jan 16, 2023

Best regards,

Jobjanusz

Did you find a solution I have the same problem running CSGO only on this game my CPU usage is like 80-100%.
My config is:
  • intel I5 -9400
  • Dual stick 16gb ram
  • 3050 6gb
-750w cooler master
-SSD

I know the game is CPU based I was reading somewhere but my friend has an Ryzen 5 3600 his usage is only like 20-40%. I don't know if I'm missing some settings or GPU settings.

Did you find a solution I have the same problem running CSGO only on this game my CPU usage is like 80-100%.
My config is:
  • intel I5 -9400
  • Dual stick 16gb ram
  • 3050 6gb
-750w cooler master
-SSD

I know the game is CPU based I was reading somewhere but my friend has an Ryzen 5 3600 his usage is only like 20-40%. I don't know if I'm missing some settings or GPU settings.
You cannot compare cpu usage like that. For a start the 9400 is a 6 thread cpu and the 3600 is 12 threads. CS GO cannot use 12 threads so many will not be used making total cpu usage look much lower.

Jan 16, 2023
You cannot compare cpu usage like that. For a start the 9400 is a 6 thread cpu and the 3600 is 12 threads. CS GO cannot use 12 threads so many will not be used making total cpu usage look much lower.
You are right but I can't find a way to lower the CPU usage on my I5 9400 and CSGo shouldn't be that demanding or am I wrong? Because if that is the case I'll probably upgrade to AMD Ryzen CPU.

Jobjanusz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019
My config is:
  • intel I5 -9400
  • Dual stick 16gb ram
  • 3050 6gb
-750w cooler master
-SSD

No I didn't. I returned my MOBO. Soon wil try again with a different mobo.