[SOLVED] $100 or lower Graphics Card that performs in 1080p 60FPS games ?

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
Hello who’s reading this,
I’ve been planning this in my whole life and just got a job this June and can’t stop finding a suitable graphics card for my planned rig. This may be bottlenecked in my plan but I’m just finding a good frames for my build even if it in a low quality:

My Planned Build
CPU: E3-1240 v2
RAM: 2x 8GB 1600 Mhz
SSD: 480/500 GB Indilinx or A400

Just a 1080p in 60fps higher for a $100 lower Graphics Card. Don’t care about quality just performance.

Thank You for your answers.

Solution
There are no new sub $100 cards to buy. As popatim noted the used prices are impossibly way up. I would be really surprised if you find any used in your price range right now that actually works. Your E3 build looks good on paper for price, but I would discourage it. You will be much better off spending more on a near current gen chip configuration with integrated graphics. Not only will you get a ton more performance than a 4 core xeon that was built in 2011 but the Windows 11 requirements are going to create the biggest hardware obsolesce mess that I have seen since the earliest days of the PC. Go for something like a i5-10400 and make sure to get a TPM 2.0 module.

jasonf2

Distinguished
There are no new sub $100 cards to buy. As popatim noted the used prices are impossibly way up. I would be really surprised if you find any used in your price range right now that actually works. Your E3 build looks good on paper for price, but I would discourage it. You will be much better off spending more on a near current gen chip configuration with integrated graphics. Not only will you get a ton more performance than a 4 core xeon that was built in 2011 but the Windows 11 requirements are going to create the biggest hardware obsolesce mess that I have seen since the earliest days of the PC. Go for something like a i5-10400 and make sure to get a TPM 2.0 module.

Solution

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
At these times I would wait, gpu prices are obsurd, including used, try checking on a local marketplace, or on an eBay, in Poland we have allegro and its like a polish ebay, you can also get good deals on there, You probably wont get 1080p 60fps gaming for 100$ right now, but maybe with some luck you might find a 750ti that will get you some performance, also keep in mind, alot of newer games are very CPU intensive and require a good mix of a cpu and gpu, if your only looking to play gta sa, then you should be fine, you wont get 60fps on it anyway, its locked to 30, unless your on 1.0, then its 32.

Best choice is just to keep checking local ads or ebay for a good used card. In my opinion you won't get decent framerates in new games on medium to high at 1080p with anything less than maybe an RX 560 or GTX 950/GTX 1050, also even older cards like an r9 270x or GTX 770. All of those right now are typically going for $100-$150 used.