[SOLVED] 100% to 5% in a day... Is it normal/what to do?

Jan 18, 2020
Hello everyone!
I have a Seagate Barracude 1TB
My HHD just got to 5% condition from 100% conditin in a day (HD Sentinel non-registered version). Is there anything i can do? Or just order its replacement and save its data ASAP?
How is that possible to jump this 95% in one day? Just had some performance issue with my SSD(Samsung 850 EVO)(Still only 75% perf on SSD),but that only needed a replaced sata cable. I plugged in theHDD's old cable to the SSD (so i can use windows)(and its working properly now), and the HDD got a brand new one, then did this about 2-3 days later. Doesit have anything to do with the cable change?
Thanks,
Daev

Solution
Hello everyone!
My HHD just got to 5% condition from 100% conditin in a day (HD Sentinel non-registered version). Is there anything i can do? Or just order its replacement and save its data ASAP?
How is that possible to jump this 95% in one day? Just had some performance issue with my SSD(Samsung 850 EVO)(Still only 75% perf on SSD),but that only needed a replaced sata cable. I plugged in theHDD's old cable to the SSD (so i can use windows)(and its working properly now), and the HDD got a brand new one, then did this about 2-3 days later. Doesit have anything to do with the cable change?
Thanks,
Daev
Hello everyone!
Thanks,
Daev

It's possible to even die completely in a second let alone day or two with errors. If it was due to bad data cable it would produce different errors.
These errors are most likely due to head crash and platter scratch.

Reactions: Daev
Solution
Jan 18, 2020
It's possible to even die completely in a second let alone day or two with errors. If it was due to bad data cable it would produce different errors.
These errors are most likely due to head crash and platter scratch.
Thanks for the answer. Then i'll order a new one. I hope i can save my data at least.
My friend says that there is a chance that the mobo or the PSU killed it. What do you think is it possible? Should i swap those as well?(I would not if not necessary)
Thx.

USAFRet

Titan
I had a WD HDD go from seemingly perfect to absolutely dead within 36 hours.
I had a 960GB Sandisk SSD go from 'perfect' to absolutely dead in the space of 5 minutes between power off and power on.

Drives die.
Eventually, all of them.

Copy your data to some other device NOW.

Jan 18, 2020
I had a WD HDD go from seemingly perfect to absolutely dead within 36 hours.
I had a 960GB Sandisk SSD go from 'perfect' to absolutely dead in the space of 5 minutes between power off and power on.

Drives die.
Eventually, all of them.

Copy your data to some other device NOW.
I get it and i will save it asap. I just don't know if it's just died because its time is over or it been killed by my PSU or mobo(thinking bout it because of my earlier ssd issue even if it was solved by a cable)
BTW does anyone know what can ruin a SATA cable? (Just for my curiocity)
Thx 4 the anwers!

Last edited: