+/- 1000$ Autocad and a bit of gaming build

OctoEltom

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
I,

I'm going to buy a new computer and I want to have your advise on the part I chose. I'm going to buy it before the end of march 2013.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: march 2013

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) around 1000$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Autocad civil 3d 2013 and some gaming

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: everything

Do you need to buy OS: Yes (Windows 7 pro 64bits)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ncix.com

Parts Preferences: Dont realy mind

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: depend

Additional Comments: It's a cad build to do some work at home

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My old core2 is a pain to use...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
heres the part I chose for a start. Dont be shy to comment.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HTRd

Hewhogamez

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
That graphics card won't really play games at all. Recommend getting seperate graphics for gaming such as a 7850 or a 660. Also recommend getting the 3570k if you live near a Microcenter. The 3570k is $189.99 at Microcenter (In-Store Pickup Only). Everything else looks good.

DM36

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

+$50 off a select motherboard :)

This is exactly what I did for my new build

Kind of a moot point since microcenter is only in the US and he is in Canada. Although I can see why you might have been confused since he posted a US pcpartpicker link instead of Canada.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/HX9p

Changes: By saving money elsewhere I upgraded the cpu to e3 1230v2 which is pretty much an i7. Just an fyi that most of cad is single threaded so only the renderer might take advantage depending on what you use. Since you won't be ocing, no point in a z77 mobo, save money on a b75. No point in such expensive ram. Velocs are obsolete ever since ssds became affordable. The 7850 will handle games much better and still be able to handle cad. Slightly cheaper case, and also better imo. 650w psu is unnecessary. All in all, better performance and ~$150 less.

OctoEltom

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
I everyone,

Thanks for your answer. I will check out the possibility and I will come back whit the build I’ll buy. I will also consider a SSD for the OS and the AutoCAD Installation.

Thanks again. :) :sweat:

TRENDING THREADS