1000$ Gaming PC BUILD

Guingix

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
Approximate Purchase Date: Around July 2013

Budget Range: 1000$ Build

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Mainly Gaming.

Are you buying a monitor: No. Have one

Parts to Upgrade: None

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Idk. (its hard from my location)

Parts Preferences:
Graphic Card - AMD
RAM - Corsair
Processor - Intel? (Some Amd will do)
-Mid Tower Chassis
-Air Cooling

Overclocking: Maybe. Im kinda noob at this

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe. Maybe from the future

Your Monitor Resolution: 1600x1200

Additional Comments:
-Give me the best parts possible. So i wont upgrade it after 5 years.
-I might upgrade it in the future.
-Graphics Card i think i would like to get the Radeon HD 7950
-No SSDs pls because the country i live in suck they selling SSDs.
I might buy a 120 gb HDD for OS and 1 tb for storage.

Games I Play:
DOTA 2 (Main Game, High Performance and Quality)
Tribes Ascend
DMC: Devil May Cry
Unreal Tournament
Tera Online
GTA 4
Farcry 3

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: -

It's close to impossible, even with an unlimited budget, to make a PC that will last, unaltered, for 5 years and still max games. On your budget, it is literally impossible.

Edit: Rereading your post, I would comment that if you intend to build this in July, you should probably come back sooner to the build date. There are going to be two major releases between now and then (the nVidia 700 series and the Intel Haswell processors), and so any advice we give now will be obsolete.

butremor

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
How about this build, 7970 is a nice card

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VuAV
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VuAV/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VuAV/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.27 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($389.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $985.17
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-06 18:18 EDT-0400)

Guingix

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
I meant it i want to last it for 5 years but after that i will upgrade. Dubai suck at selling PC Parts.
I just want to maxout games for like this year and the next.

Dubai Pricing comes like this

Original Price in $ + 20% of the Price + Someshit extra

Guingix

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
It's close to impossible, even with an unlimited budget, to make a PC that will last, unaltered, for 5 years and still max games. On your budget, it is literally impossible.

Edit: Rereading your post, I would comment that if you intend to build this in July, you should probably come back sooner to the build date. There are going to be two major releases between now and then (the nVidia 700 series and the Intel Haswell processors), and so any advice we give now will be obsolete.

So i will wait for a new release then? sounds good :D

So im stuck with this crappy laptop then.

Yeah, the new releases will alter a lot of prices, so well-optimized builds made now may be less efficient then.

I feel your pain. I gamed on a laptop with a bottom-tier card for two years. Dear lord, the overheating issues...

Guingix

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

Just give me good parts and im going to a pc parts center here in dubai. because indian people are like chinese when it comes to selling. ASK THEM FOR LOWER PRICES! :D

Guingix

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

4000 DHS = Almost 1000$

Thats my budget. im just gathering info and advices for the parts im gonna buy.

Lets see what happens in a month. :L

Guingix

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

So you mean i will buy a new monitor? :D
I might go for a double or triple monitor setup for Eyefinity
They monitors here for like 90 $ per piece. LOL

So far.
This the parts i gather

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA Z77-D3H
CPU: Intel i5-3570K
Ram: G.SKill Desktop Memory: 8GB DDR3-1600,240 pin DIMM
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3 GB DDR5
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 1tb
ODD(?) (Needed or not?): LG DVD Burner
PSU: Corsair GS 700Watts
Case: Can't decide either a full tower or mid tower :/ (Depends on my budget left)

Total: around 920-950$ but im gonna go to this computer centre and they'll give me discount in each parts.
To lower my cost around to 800-850$ and i have enough money to buy an SSD :D

If money is tight, the Sapphire HD 7870 XT is only slightly behind the HD 7950, for $50-70 less.
Your PSU is also larger than needed, unless you intend to CrossFire in the future, in which case It's a wee bit small.

Guingix

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

So. 7870 XT is better than 7950?

i have a friend build his rig a month ago and he has Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 and gives me good reviews.

-His rig is composed mostly GIGABYTE parts. and i saw his ram was like a cheap 8 gb ram(x1)

I heard when buying ram buy the dual channel type (like 8 gb - 2x4 gb)

And the CASE. I think if i have enough money i would buy the CM Storm Stryker for Full tower but if im low in budget i go with CM Storm Scout 2 and i wqant a case that has a handle because it would be easy to carry or handle the rig. i have my eyes also in the Betfenix Shinobi XL Window

The 7870 XT is slightly worse than the 7950, but costs significantly less. As I recall, the XT is about 92% of the performance for around 83% of the price, so price-to-power wise there's a gain. That said, you do lose a bit of performance, though not a noteworthy amount.

You do indeed want 2x4. I am unsure as to why your friend has 1x8, but it is suboptimal.

Couldn't comment on the case. For me, cooling rules all, and I tend not to worry about portability. The Storm Scout and Storm Stryker seems quite well thought of around here, however.

Guingix

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

About 1x8 Memory of my friend. He just went to this computer center and let the guy give him the specs and build his pc. So i dont know why he took 1x8 memory and I research about that in the net. And 2x4 memory is better than 1x8 memory.

and i think Just get a good case with good Reviews and Do SOME GOOD cable management and I prefer with handle for easy carrying. (y)

And that's why you don't just ask them to design a PC for you. Even the best designers slip up, and most of such places do not employ the best designers.

Couldn't comment. Portable cases are the opposite of my domain. I believe that both cases I mentioned have acceptable cable management, however.