$1000 gaming rig. What do you think?

wllder

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Here is the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/B9HL

Is there anything that could be improved upon? I am trying to figure out a way to squeeze in an SSD to run OS but I don't want to sacrifice any quality on other parts...

My budget is extremely tight. :??:

nacos

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Nothing is overkill. Ever. I personally overclock my parts to the limit of my budget (best coolers I can afford and any temps under 100C) and I still find that a single 7970 isn't enough for my 1440p monitor. I often lower settigns in game purely because crossing below the threshold of my monitor's refresh rate is extremely noticeable for me and it bothers me more than it should. I have been putting money aside for a second 7970 at the end of the month and a custom water cooling loop by the end of March. The general rule is that you should always buy the most powerful graphics card(s) that you can afford or you WILL regret it later.

wllder

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks for the advice nacos. I am fairly new to all this but I definitely understand the way the PC market moves (quickly). Getting the best possible gpu that one can afford is the most important part of a gaming rig.

BUT, if I "settle" for a 660 Ti, I can then afford a SSD.