$1000 New build: Is this good?

Zircon57

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
Hello,
I am a first time PC builder, but I have been on the forums researching for the past few months. The primary reason I want a new computer is that I have an '08 MacBook on its last legs for any sort of gaming. I put the current build that I am considering, any advise for ways to make it cheaper or better components would be greatly appreciated. Note that the SSD has already been purchased.
Primary uses for this system would be gaming, YouTube, general browsing/schoolwork
Games include Starcraft 2, Civ 5, Borderlands 2

Approximate Purchase Date: Holiday season aka Black November deals, finalized by beginning of December

Budget Range: 1000-1100ish, before rebates.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.com, because shipping is expensive on all other sites. Or keep it to only Newegg/Amazon

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. The reason for the expensive shipping -- somehow Hawaii isn't considered a part of the US...

Overclocking: Unlikely

My Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24"

Build so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zircon57/saved/Kw6KHx
(Couldn't remember how to make the link into a list)

Zircon57

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion i7Baby, I'll see what's on sale. I actually have not bought the OS or Motherboard, but neither was available on Amazon so I had to manually enter the price. Saw that the Asus board was recommended, but didn't know if there was another opinion on that?