[SOLVED] 1000rpm exhaust fans and 1500rpm intake fans ?

Apr 1, 2021
is it good to use 1000rpm fans as exhaust and 1500rpm fans as intake ? my case is thermaltake level 20 mt argb and all fans are 120mm

Solution
First off, it depends on the case and it's layout. Second the fans should ideally be the same RPM's. You could get away with one high RPM fan in the rear with low RPM fans in the front(note that I used plural in the front layout) to make sure you have an airflow and not a build up of heat or lack thereof of airflow.

Third, you also need to understand that all fans don't operate/behave the same at different RPM's, most often they don't push as much air as another fan with a different blade design.

That being said, what fans are you working with and how are they connected to your system?

Lutfij

Titan
First off, it depends on the case and it's layout. Second the fans should ideally be the same RPM's. You could get away with one high RPM fan in the rear with low RPM fans in the front(note that I used plural in the front layout) to make sure you have an airflow and not a build up of heat or lack thereof of airflow.

Third, you also need to understand that all fans don't operate/behave the same at different RPM's, most often they don't push as much air as another fan with a different blade design.

That being said, what fans are you working with and how are they connected to your system?

Reactions: Krotow
Solution
Apr 1, 2021

1000rpm fans as exhaust are built in case connect via psu fans thermaltake level 20 mt and 1500rpm fans as intake thermaltake riing 12 fans connect via mobo header i can configure my thermaltake riing 12 fans to run at a lower RPM