[SOLVED] 1000RPM Front intake and 2000 RPM Rear exhaust?

amit.rudy

Reputable
Sep 21, 2017
I installed a new 2000RPM rear exhaust fan in CPU cabinet(Corsair Carbide Series CC-9011050-WW ), My cabinet came up with a front intake fan(around 1000RPM) already installed which is quite weak compared to the 2000rpm rear exhaust fan that i have installed. My cabinet is pretty big and has two vents at top, one at rear and two at front. I have not installed any fan at the top, so basically im not seeing any change, my GPU (1050ti) still reaches around 54 degree Celsius under the load... i was wondering if powerful intake and a weak rear exhaust would bring any change?

Solution
You should have the same fans as intake and exhaust, also, due to the front HDD caddy restrictions, you should've been better off putting a higher RPM, higher static pressure fan at the front and the lower RPM fan as the back.

Outside of that, I'd have changed all fans(front two as intake and the rear as exhaust while leaving the top as is(empty).

Near similar thread!

Lutfij

Titan
You should have the same fans as intake and exhaust, also, due to the front HDD caddy restrictions, you should've been better off putting a higher RPM, higher static pressure fan at the front and the lower RPM fan as the back.

Outside of that, I'd have changed all fans(front two as intake and the rear as exhaust while leaving the top as is(empty).

Near similar thread!

Solution

amit.rudy

Reputable
Sep 21, 2017

Near similar thread!
So what should i do? move 1000RPM fan for rear exhaust and put 2000RPM fan for front in take? I think moving the 2000RPM to front intake position will blow better air to the GPU....

TRENDING THREADS