[SOLVED] 100c when play game 9600K

mzama.mzama

Honorable
May 13, 2018
hello
when i play call of duty MW or heavy game
the cpu temperature going to 100c
i try to play with lower setting in call of duty and the cpu temperature still +90c

so what is the problem ?
and can this damage CPU

I Try to change the cpu thermal paste with the ARCTIC MX-4 and the problem still there

my space

i5-9600k stock no OC

Z390 MSI PRO CARBON

NZXT M22 AIO WATER COOLER

4 FAN IN CASE

Solution
First thing I would check is water temperature, see if you can check if the NZXT Cam software can tell you. This will give you an idea if the heat is being absorbed from the CPU or not. The water shouldn't be cold if the CPU is 100c

Also where is your radiator mounted? Is it at the rear of the case, or top? I have an H80i with the radiator at the back, and I once had a small amount of air trapped in the CPU block, causing huge temperature spikes. I had to tilt the PC in several directions to move the air out of the block. If your radiator is at the top, then it won't be that, as any air bubble will rise up.

mzama.mzama

Honorable
May 13, 2018
Can I see a picture of your entire system? I just wanna see how your fan configuration and airflow looks.

Are you sure the M22 AIO water cooling is functioning? If you're hitting 100C even after reinstalling thermal past and cpu block, that could mean you have a pump failure. is the radiator fan working aswell?

this is all my part

i5 9600k

2060super msi gaming

z390 msi pro carpon ac

16 gb ram g.skils

nzxt m22

nzxt h500 case

1 tb hdd
500gb ssd evo plus

1fan 140m

2 fan 120m

650 w corsair

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Detail settings change gpu output, not cpu output levels other than a few items, so changing to lower settings really only helps lower the gpu temp, which on a bad airflow case or a cpu with an under-rated cooler, can help slightly.

With a M22 in good working order, even with an OC you shouldn't be seeing over @ 70°C with that cpu in a stress test, never mind gaming which should be running in the mid 50's.

Do you have Cam setup for controlling the pump/fan? If not, you could be running minimum settings which aren't changing on demand.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Are those HWINFO results in game, or idle on the desktop?
If those are indeed idle on the desktop, then I would question whether your cooler actually is functioning correctly - clogged or broken pump.
If those are in game temps, then I'm not seeing the throttling issue, but you say you still get cpu temp warning upon boot...

Also, are your fans setup correctly?
open-grille.png

Airflow should be front to back, bottom to top.

mzama.mzama

Honorable
May 13, 2018
Are those HWINFO results in game, or idle on the desktop?
If those are indeed idle on the desktop, then I would question whether your cooler actually is functioning correctly - clogged or broken pump.
If those are in game temps, then I'm not seeing the throttling issue, but you say you still get cpu temp warning upon boot...

Also, are your fans setup correctly?
open-grille.png

Airflow should be front to back, bottom to top.

this is in idle not in game and all fan setup correctly

so should i change the cooler?

JAs-Singh685

Prominent
Mar 23, 2020
First thing I would check is water temperature, see if you can check if the NZXT Cam software can tell you. This will give you an idea if the heat is being absorbed from the CPU or not. The water shouldn't be cold if the CPU is 100c

Also where is your radiator mounted? Is it at the rear of the case, or top? I have an H80i with the radiator at the back, and I once had a small amount of air trapped in the CPU block, causing huge temperature spikes. I had to tilt the PC in several directions to move the air out of the block. If your radiator is at the top, then it won't be that, as any air bubble will rise up.

Last edited:
Solution

mzama.mzama

Honorable
May 13, 2018

the nzxt cam dont show you any think about the cooler

the nzxt m22 now when idel 30 and when heavy load after 20 min going to 90+ with double fan

so i will get new cooler like dark rock 4